• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Blower motor

Had bearing in the blower motor thats been chirping to me on and off for a while. So this weekend I finally swapped it and the resistor out. Sure made a nice difference in the air flow. The old was one I replaced the OE with about 9or 10 years. The shaft was fairly tight and I am sure it took some extea power to turn. Anyway the extra air flow is nice to have back.

• Like 3

I also added two LED lights in the back up sockets. I can now see about 35 feet versus the 5 with the incandescents. Not the same as the lights some of y'all have installed but for 15 bucks it was well worth it.

• Like 2

• Owner

LED lights are pretty darn bright. The front marker light with switchback bulbs they light up to about 20 feet but could possibly reach more but the light is pretty scattered after that. I love the thought, Opps, I left my lights on for hours. No biggy truck still starts every time. Between what I've done so far in the cab and the taillights and markers it draws much less power. There has to be a mild saving there not having to twist the alternator as hard to power everything. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

LED lights are pretty darn bright. The front marker light with switchback bulbs they light up to about 20 feet but could possibly reach more but the light is pretty scattered after that. I love the thought, Opps, I left my lights on for hours. No biggy truck still starts every time. Between what I've done so far in the cab and the taillights and markers it draws much less power. There has to be a mild saving there not having to twist the alternator as hard to power everything. 

I read your posts about the leds you were putting in and while on Amazon looking at their quick deals came across a pair that were cylindrical with a projectormike center. 20 bucks on sale for15 for the pair and free 2 day shipping so I ordered them on friday and they showed up on Sunday which surprised me. Well worth the money if they last. Now to find 2 headlights that good for a 100 bucks that dont blind everyone that looks at them. About tired of seeing those type on the highway. Some of them are on fairy new vehicles.

• Owner
1 minute ago, dripley said:

Now to find 2 headlights that good for a 100 bucks that dont blind everyone that looks at them.

Sorry... Just not there.

I've done new headlight buckets on the 1996 Dodge and went to Silverstar Halogens and then are pretty wimpy for a new set of headlights. I really do want something brighter for the 1996 Dodge but the only option is jumping to HID headlights but they are not cheap. I've even tried the retrofit HID bulbs and they suck big time. I already know LED headlights suck too. 

Either fresh headlight buckets with halogens bulbs or fresh headlight buckets with true HID bulbs and lens.

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Sorry... Just not there.

I've done new headlight buckets on the 1996 Dodge and went to Silverstar Halogens and then are pretty wimpy for a new set of headlights. I really do want something brighter for the 1996 Dodge but the only option is jumping to HID headlights but they are not cheap. I've even tried the retrofit HID bulbs and they suck big time. I already know LED headlights suck too. 

Either fresh headlight buckets with halogens bulbs or fresh headlight buckets with true HID bulbs and lens.

I know I will have to get new buckets. The wife's 06 Dakota had buckets with clear lenses and halogen bulbs. They had a small cap, for lack of a better term, over the end ofmthe bulb. Man those things put out the light. They also had a cut off similar to what I have seen on the high dollar lights I have seen here. I have seen the buckets that fit second gens that look like hers even with the little, just not sure what results they woud deliver. I would hate to spend 100 to 150 bucks on new ones just to be disappointed. But I am going to bite the bullett one day and see what happens.

• Staff
14 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Sorry... Just not there.

It would help a lot Mike.......... if you stopped driving faster than the speed of light

• Owner
13 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

It would help a lot Mike.......... if you stopped driving faster than the speed of light

Only when I'm down on I84. Rest of the time my cruise is set for 60 MPH, or unless I need data to prove a point. :tongue:

@JAG1 try again... :whistle:

671,000,000 MPH is the speed of light.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 6/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, dripley said:

I also added two LED lights in the back up sockets. I can now see about 35 feet versus the 5 with the incandescents. Not the same as the lights some of y'all have installed but for 15 bucks it was well worth it.

Can you share a link of those, been looking to upgrade my 18 year old back up bulbs, local auto parts stores want to much  for led bulbs,

wasn’t expecting a discussion on led lights on a blower motor thread, you guys are just all over the place :think:

8 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Can you share a link of those, been looking to upgrade my 18 year old back up bulbs, local auto parts stores want to much  for led bulbs,

wasn’t expecting a discussion on led lights on a blower motor thread, you guys are just all over the place :think:

Here is what i used. Bit different than Mike's. But work fine and I got them on special for 15 bucks on special with free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Reverse-AUXITO-102-SMD-Chipsets-Projector/dp/B0749G3M4Y

71nKvNRI2vL._SL1500_.jpg.04729d5fa9be1c42c337c7a3e29a467a.jpg

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

what a jump....hopefully for future members...pf course if the resistor pops, go for the blower also. i had 1 speed, wide open and the air force wasnt real hard. i did a resistor as it was in stock, just to have less cab noise. it was toast before the blower motor showed up.

mine would hardly turn, swapped the cage to a new motor, replaced it and the resistor again....hvac works like new.

• Like 2