Jump to content
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Recommended Posts

Had bearing in the blower motor thats been chirping to me on and off for a while. So this weekend I finally swapped it and the resistor out. Sure made a nice difference in the air flow. The old was one I replaced the OE with about 9or 10 years. The shaft was fairly tight and I am sure it took some extea power to turn. Anyway the extra air flow is nice to have back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also added two LED lights in the back up sockets. I can now see about 35 feet versus the 5 with the incandescents. Not the same as the lights some of y'all have installed but for 15 bucks it was well worth it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LED lights are pretty darn bright. The front marker light with switchback bulbs they light up to about 20 feet but could possibly reach more but the light is pretty scattered after that. I love the thought, Opps, I left my lights on for hours. No biggy truck still starts every time. Between what I've done so far in the cab and the taillights and markers it draws much less power. There has to be a mild saving there not having to twist the alternator as hard to power everything. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

LED lights are pretty darn bright. The front marker light with switchback bulbs they light up to about 20 feet but could possibly reach more but the light is pretty scattered after that. I love the thought, Opps, I left my lights on for hours. No biggy truck still starts every time. Between what I've done so far in the cab and the taillights and markers it draws much less power. There has to be a mild saving there not having to twist the alternator as hard to power everything. 

 

I read your posts about the leds you were putting in and while on Amazon looking at their quick deals came across a pair that were cylindrical with a projectormike center. 20 bucks on sale for15 for the pair and free 2 day shipping so I ordered them on friday and they showed up on Sunday which surprised me. Well worth the money if they last. Now to find 2 headlights that good for a 100 bucks that dont blind everyone that looks at them. About tired of seeing those type on the highway. Some of them are on fairy new vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dripley said:

Now to find 2 headlights that good for a 100 bucks that dont blind everyone that looks at them.

 

Sorry... Just not there.

 

I've done new headlight buckets on the 1996 Dodge and went to Silverstar Halogens and then are pretty wimpy for a new set of headlights. I really do want something brighter for the 1996 Dodge but the only option is jumping to HID headlights but they are not cheap. I've even tried the retrofit HID bulbs and they suck big time. I already know LED headlights suck too. 

 

Either fresh headlight buckets with halogens bulbs or fresh headlight buckets with true HID bulbs and lens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

 

Sorry... Just not there.

 

I've done new headlight buckets on the 1996 Dodge and went to Silverstar Halogens and then are pretty wimpy for a new set of headlights. I really do want something brighter for the 1996 Dodge but the only option is jumping to HID headlights but they are not cheap. I've even tried the retrofit HID bulbs and they suck big time. I already know LED headlights suck too. 

 

Either fresh headlight buckets with halogens bulbs or fresh headlight buckets with true HID bulbs and lens.

I know I will have to get new buckets. The wife's 06 Dakota had buckets with clear lenses and halogen bulbs. They had a small cap, for lack of a better term, over the end ofmthe bulb. Man those things put out the light. They also had a cut off similar to what I have seen on the high dollar lights I have seen here. I have seen the buckets that fit second gens that look like hers even with the little, just not sure what results they woud deliver. I would hate to spend 100 to 150 bucks on new ones just to be disappointed. But I am going to bite the bullett one day and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

These are meh, ok for quality. The cutoff is there but can't adjust them properly. The pattern is too narrow and doesn't have a very good spread. This is the 1996 Dodge headlights with $55 Silverstars.

 

DSCF4560.JPG

 

 

 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

 

Sorry... Just not there.

 

I've done new headlight buckets on the 1996 Dodge and went to Silverstar Halogens and then are pretty wimpy for a new set of headlights. I really do want something brighter for the 1996 Dodge but the only option is jumping to HID headlights but they are not cheap. I've even tried the retrofit HID bulbs and they suck big time. I already know LED headlights suck too. 

 

Either fresh headlight buckets with halogens bulbs or fresh headlight buckets with true HID bulbs and lens.

It would help a lot Mike.......... if you stopped driving faster than the speed of light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

It would help a lot Mike.......... if you stopped driving faster than the speed of light

 

Only when I'm down on I84. Rest of the time my cruise is set for 60 MPH, or unless I need data to prove a point. :tongue:

 

@JAG1 try again... :whistle:

 

671,000,000 MPH is the speed of light.

 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well..... I thought it was funny as I had this image seeing your truck leaving a cloud of smoke and light behind.:thumb1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Well..... I thought it was funny as I had this image seeing your truck leaving a cloud of smoke and light behind.:thumb1:

As long as he doesn't go over 88 mph he should be safe.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, dripley said:

I also added two LED lights in the back up sockets. I can now see about 35 feet versus the 5 with the incandescents. Not the same as the lights some of y'all have installed but for 15 bucks it was well worth it.

Can you share a link of those, been looking to upgrade my 18 year old back up bulbs, local auto parts stores want to much  for led bulbs,

 

wasn’t expecting a discussion on led lights on a blower motor thread, you guys are just all over the place :think:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Can you share a link of those, been looking to upgrade my 18 year old back up bulbs, local auto parts stores want to much  for led bulbs,

 

wasn’t expecting a discussion on led lights on a blower motor thread, you guys are just all over the place :think:

Here is what i used. Bit different than Mike's. But work fine and I got them on special for 15 bucks on special with free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Reverse-AUXITO-102-SMD-Chipsets-Projector/dp/B0749G3M4Y

71nKvNRI2vL._SL1500_.jpg.04729d5fa9be1c42c337c7a3e29a467a.jpg

 

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Oh, maybe I shouldn't post my Max Speed log from my Quadzilla...

Not sure if you got the joke, I was referencing back to future

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a jump....hopefully for future members...pf course if the resistor pops, go for the blower also. i had 1 speed, wide open and the air force wasnt real hard. i did a resistor as it was in stock, just to have less cab noise. it was toast before the blower motor showed up.

 

mine would hardly turn, swapped the cage to a new motor, replaced it and the resistor again....hvac works like new.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Not sure if you got the joke, I was referencing back to future

I was bit slow picking up on that one.

 

 

20190605_215151.jpg

20190605_215213.jpg

Did'nt mean to put this here. The light they put out does not show well in the picture. There is a mail box about 50' back that I could see fine but not the camera.

1 hour ago, Stormin08 said:

what a jump....hopefully for future members...pf course if the resistor pops, go for the blower also. i had 1 speed, wide open and the air force wasnt real hard. i did a resistor as it was in stock, just to have less cab noise. it was toast before the blower motor showed up.

 

mine would hardly turn, swapped the cage to a new motor, replaced it and the resistor again....hvac works like new.

I replaced the oe resistor formthe same reason and still ended up replacingmthe blower a couple months later. Just did them both this time, working up u der the dash just aint fun.

Edited by dripley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

probably the ONLY reason the resistor goes, is a bad / tight motor....if the fan speeds quit, start looking at the motor because it blew the resistor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...