• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Kubota BX2380 ~ Maintenance ~ Any tips or pointers are welcome

leety

We recently acquired this tractor in support of developing a 3-acre property in the middle of nowhere (the best place to be).  As with just about any service there are no repair shops for anything out here so we're on our own as always.

It has a  LA344 Loader on it and we have a few other attachments for the rear.

The machine has about 50 hours on it now.

If anyone has any recommendations for sources and types of engine oil and/or engine coolant that would be good to know.  It believe there are likely less expensive equivalents to all of the "Kubota" brand products.

We have selected AMALLIE Ultra All-Track 245 for the transmission and front axle.

20 hours ago, leety said:

We recently acquired this tractor in support of developing a 3-acre property in the middle of nowhere (the best place to be).  As with just about any service there are no repair shops for anything out here so we're on our own as always.

It has a  LA344 Loader on it and we have a few other attachments for the rear.

The machine has about 50 hours on it now.

If anyone has any recommendations for sources and types of engine oil and/or engine coolant that would be good to know.  It believe there are likely less expensive equivalents to all of the "Kubota" brand products.

We have selected AMALLIE Ultra All-Track 245 for the transmission and front axle.

Watch this before you buy after market filters. 

As far as engine oil, I use Shell Rotella T-6 but any good grade of oil will work.  I prefer synthetic oils due to my tractor being stored outside year round.  

For hydrostatic drive transmissions, I STRONGLY recommend using either Kubota Super UDT-2 or Chevron All Weather Synthetic THF.

https://cglapps.chevron.com/sdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=294507&docFormat=PDF

Neither one of these transmission/hydraulic oils is cheap but the make a VERY noticable difference/improvement in how a hydrostatic transmission performs in my opinion.  I certainly did on my Kubota RTVX-1100C.    

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LiveOak said:

As far as engine oil, I use Shell Rotella T-6 but any good grade of oil will work.  I prefer synthetic oils due to my tractor being stored outside year round.  

For hydrostatic drive transmissions, I STRONGLY recommend using either Kubota Super UDT-2 or Chevron All Weather Synthetic THF.

https://cglapps.chevron.com/sdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=294507&docFormat=PDF

Neither one of these transmission/hydraulic oils is cheap but the make a VERY noticable difference/improvement in how a hydrostatic transmission performs in my opinion.  I certainly did on my Kubota RTVX-1100C.    

Outstanding!!!

Thanks I’ll check out your website.

1 hour ago, LiveOak said:

Based on a comment in this discussion I believe the oil we selected is identical to the Kubota Super UDT-2

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4804372/kubota-udt-super-udt-obsolete-or-super-udt2

try this site    http://www.orangetractortalks.com/

probably more infro than your looking for, but the people on that forum eat, sleep,drink and live kubota, browse the site or jump in and introduce yourself and ask questions, I'm sure they will help on what ever matter you have

I just run Napa or wix brand filters on my Kubota just because Napa is conveniently located. Its also 25 years old so its not held to the newer technology and tolerances as yours, but I agree you should use the super UTD 2 in the hydro trans, its a whole different animal than they were years ago and could cost a fortune if you had a failure.

I'm sure you will enjoy yours, its amazing the power them little units produce in such small packages, mine is a mid size with over 3000 hours and she still purrs like a kitten with the little 4cyl. diesel. but I did have to replace the hydro trans a few years ago, but that was because I committed the ultimate tractor sin.  I let someone borrow it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

try this site    http://www.orangetractortalks.com/

probably more infro than your looking for, but the people on that forum eat, sleep,drink and live kubota, browse the site or jump in and introduce yourself and ask questions, I'm sure they will help on what ever matter you have

I just run Napa or wix brand filters on my Kubota just because Napa is conveniently located. Its also 25 years old so its not held to the newer technology and tolerances as yours, but I agree you should use the super UTD 2 in the hydro trans, its a whole different animal than they were years ago and could cost a fortune if you had a failure.

I'm sure you will enjoy yours, its amazing the power them little units produce in such small packages, mine is a mid size with over 3000 hours and she still purrs like a kitten with the little 4cyl. diesel. but I did have to replace the hydro trans a few years ago, but that was because I committed the ultimate tractor sin.  I let someone borrow it

Thanks, for the info. Yea there will be no loaning of ours. I signed up for that group 2 days seems like a knowledgeable bunch.

It’s a super fun machine.

With only 50 hours on the tractor then I'm guessing she is still under warranty.

If that is so then I would highly recommend you follow the pre-defined service schedule for lube, fluid changes and filters and make sure you keep good documentation on product used and hours on the clock if you are doing all the service yourself..  Heaven forbid and you ever have a warranty claim you can bet Kubota will look closely at the service and products used to maintain that machine.

Super UDT-2 is good stuff and actually will dampen some of the noise from the HST. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, War Eagle said:

With only 50 hours on the tractor then I'm guessing she is still under warranty.

If that is so then I would highly recommend you follow the pre-defined service schedule for lube, fluid changes and filters and make sure you keep good documentation on product used and hours on the clock if you are doing all the service yourself..  Heaven forbid and you ever have a warranty claim you can bet Kubota will look closely at the service and products used to maintain that machine.

Super UDT-2 is good stuff and actually will dampen some of the noise from the HST. 

Actually it's a 2016 so I'm fairly certain it's out of warrantee now, basically a virtually new tractor at a deep discount.  That being said record keeping is a must no matter what!!