• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

replacing trailer roof advice

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

3M 5200 isn't hard like concrete it stays flexible. I guess you meant that it is very durable :thumb1:

I'm saying coat it because its easy to get it off in the future with the old membrane being left on there and the rv membranes are really cheesy boss. coatings are easy as pie to repair.

Sounds like he wants new roof being he doesnt know how much wood damage and get up on roof now versus 10 years from now.

RV roofs suck.  By now you would think somebody would of come up with a Tupperware lid type roof to just snap on. 

Going to find my RV part books and post some options.  Because he is going to have to find out if any damaged wood is cosmetic or structural.  Type of current roof, epdm or top or something that has material that looks like felt under wood.  If wood or alum frame.  If alum frame. Wood damage no big deal structural wise.  But if wood frame, bad wood might involve the wood framing, which would suck and be lots more work involved.  

• Staff
9 hours ago, 015point9 said:

Sounds like he wants new roof being he doesnt know how much wood damage and get up on roof now versus 10 years from now.

RV roofs suck.  By now you would think somebody would of come up with a Tupperware lid type roof to just snap on. 

I hear what you are saying Thanks for helping me to understand......... Your avatar keeps making me think your forum name is 'Super Mopar'. I like that avatar, but your idea of a tupperware roof would sell that brand of RV like hot cakes.

• Staff
12 hours ago, 015point9 said:

That's it in a nut shell.       1065962050_animated-smileys-smaulis-0731.gif.294fa602a7562fed569c0982979f015d.gifIt's tough to heal a broken hip when your 77.

12 hours ago, 015point9 said:

Would you have to "burp" it before snapping it shut.

26 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

That's it in a nut shell.       1065962050_animated-smileys-smaulis-0731.gif.294fa602a7562fed569c0982979f015d.gifIt's tough to heal a broken hip when your 77.

Would you have to "burp" it before snapping it shut.

No easier when your older.  Wife had hip replacement at 71 and doc said one of the easier hip replacements he's done.  He said her hip was bone on bone for so long with no cartilage in between bones that old hip bones just fell out.  Couldn't operate earlier because of all cancer meds and blood thinners.  So I guess when you get older bones just fall out:)

Now her sister 67, my age is still on cane from knee replacement over 1 year ago.  Hell getting old I guess.  

But I made it through school without google:thumb1:

• Staff
4 hours ago, 015point9 said:

No easier when your older.

Had my left hip replaced on February 4.   It was so easy that I was out looking at cars after 3 weeks and working a week after that.  I still don't want to be on a roof when I'm 70 something doing this job.