• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is there a way to tell which Denso diode I need... by looking at the alt is still hooked up?

Like maybe that threaded bolt coming out is in different spot?  

diodes.JPG.75934d4fd5a872402af434fba55402df.JPG

20190315_133736.jpg.1b199db3f1f14e31ddcb4dee30e34865.jpg

Edited by 015point9
Add pic's

I honestly don’t have any experience with these specific products but the vertical or horizontal lead should be fairly obvious. Do you have a picture of your current alternator? I have a 99 and if I remember correctly mine comes out the back . Horizontal or your first picture. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dieselinmyblood said:

I honestly don’t have any experience with these specific products but the vertical or horizontal lead should be fairly obvious. Do you have a picture of your current alternator? I have a 99 and if I remember correctly mine comes out the back . Horizontal or your first picture. 

Thanks for responding...Will take pic of my alt tomarrow.

Edited by 015point9

thats right....in I rder one from larry b...got the 90 degree exit on the bench 

mine is straight and i cannot locate one anywhere.  

a member did modify the rear cover and used the 90 outlet with no issues yet.