• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air filter falling apart

• Owner

Optimal IAT for daily driver is 100 to 140F. BHAF doesn't change IAT that much being the intercooler can only cool to the outside temp. Once the IAT falls below 80F there is a loss. I see this every day. Start at 32 to 35F in the morning by late morning when I hit Ontario I'm in the 70 to 80F temp range and creeping. Into 100 to 110F IAT and MPG rises quickly from there.

• Staff

Yes, but as @Mopar1973Man has pointed out many times the location of the IAT sensor on the 2nd gen makes the reading all but useless in terms of figuring out the intake/intercooler location. 

After 10 years monitoring intake temps vs pre-turbo temps I can tell you that there is a HUGE difference in air pulled from the engine bay vs the outside air. The intercooler just can’t keep up with massive increases in pre-turbo temps.