• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Maybe a stupid question but I’m having trouble finding non-conflicting information. 

I know the PowerMax is a fuel only box. I am trying to figure out if a box for an 01-02 can work on a 98-00 truck. I know the MAP sensors are different (plug and voltage values). I have read some info saying that unlike EDGE the PowerMax box will work on all years with a MAP adapter harness. Can anyone here confirm or deny this information? 

I have tried to contact TST but they are closed until Monday. 

Like Me78569 said.^

Yes, it will work from 98.5 - 2002.  Map sensors are different like you mentioned. 98.5 - 2000 is same the map, 2001 has it's own map & 2002 has it's own map also. What are you going to use for your timing?

5 hours ago, jag said:

Like Me78569 said.^

Yes, it will work from 98.5 - 2002.  Map sensors are different like you mentioned. 98.5 - 2000 is same the map, 2001 has it's own map & 2002 has it's own map also. What are you going to use for your timing?

No idea what I would use for timing yet. I just found the TST for sale local to me but the guy doesn’t know how much he wants for it and I wanted to figure out if it would work for me or not before I even bothered offering anything. If it’s not going to be budget enough once I find a timing box too then I will just continue waiting to get a quadzilla. 

What are are the best and/or cheapest options for timing? 

When I had my setup I ran a TS MVP but it appears they do not make them anymore for our trucks. I should have kept my setup until I got the Quad working. Truck ran a lot better with that setup.