• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lets see your homemade air intake..

Posted Image

Posted Image

I diddnt have a welder at the time so rollen cole(I think thats his name,he may be here?)made this for me.It is 6'' into 5 into the k&n 4.I have a lid for it i removed it to do some work.I also went into the fender and i direct the air into the filter.If you look at the factory fender hole it goes in a line to the hood hinge.So i blocked it off to make a right turn into the filter.I also have a 3'' hole in the cowl to try to suck more air from the dead spot below the windshield.You can sorta see the 3'' hole at the top of the air filter.

• Owner

Take you filter minder out and suck on the filter minder... You'll find the filter minder is REALLY sensitive... So as long as the filter minder isn't moving then you know you good for the air filter your using... This applies to ALL filter setups...

So you can spend $200 bucks on a air filter setup and not change much... :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did you make the intake horn. Thats the next thing im needed.. I just put the BHAF in today so thats taken care of.. I would like to know how you made that horn though if your willing to share.

I took a piece of 3" mandrel bent tubing from Summit Racing and cut it, and rewelded back into position. Wasn't too hard to do, but I wish I would have came out a little smoother underneath.:( Oh well I get bored someday I'll pull it off and add some more filler and repaint to make it show quality.:thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

This one I think:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-622005/

Then just take a piece of 1/4" plate and cut a hole in it. Plus the four smaller bolt holes. I used a plasma to do it, but a hole saw would work too.:thumbup2:

Cool.. Doesnt look to hard to make.. Did you notice any differense in performance.. Your egt lower?

--- Update to the previous post...

also does the afe torque tube make any difference..?

Not really. I think the EGTs maybe dropped a little faster, but not very much. It is mostly for looks and the ports for water meth down the road!:thumbup2: As far as the AFE Torque Tube, kinda the same deal. With both I seemed to be able to hear a little more air sucking so maybe that's a good thing!!:lmao2::thumbup2:

that ir does.. I like the red valve covers.. reminds me of the red heads in the big rigs.. My dads got one in his KW.. You paint that or buy it like that?

I painted it myself. Took a while to strip all the old paint off with my little gravity feed sandblast gun and aircraft stripper.:thumbup2:

I think it looks good.. You should of painted the intake horn red also. and the turbo.. That would look pretty neat.. Just my opinion...

Yeah that's just too much red for me. What I plan to do when I twin it is do a contrast of silver tubes and red brackets and such. That's my plan at least! The theme of the truck is black, silver, and red. Nothing too out there but looks nice together!:thumbup2: