• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

71/71/15 t4 turbo

I have ended up with a 71/71/15 non wastegated t4 k29 borgwarner turbo. Anyone on here ever run one? I assume it's to small to run in a compound set up. But I'm wondering how it would run as a single ? Truck is purely a street truck that gets used on weekends 

I dont ever tow with my truck maybe once or twice a year only light loads. 

Probably be laggy as a single, not sure about twin set up still learning myself how it all works. Wife is going to be due for a new car this fall, more payments :duh: but it may give me an excuse to do a twin set up, just not sure if I want it yet. Too much crap hanging in the way.

• Owner

I think that turbo is just plain too big for use as a single. 

71mm compressor, 71mm turbine with a 15cm2 exhuast housing its going to a hard to spool. 7 x 0.010 injectors are way too small. I'm running a HX35/40 hybrid (60/60/12) with no issues on 7 x 0.010 injectors. With the 285's tires and 3.55 gears will make it lag even more.

I'm not worried about it being lazy I'm just worried about it not spooling up at all ? I can go for larger injectors no problem. I have read few people running s400 frame chargers on VP trucks and making them work but they tend to have smaller intake to this but larger exhaust turbine surely the smaller exhaust turbine would aid spool up? 

Since you have the turbo already, I say get the t3/t4 adapter and let er rip! Let us know how it is. Worst case scenario you have to pull it out and put the old one back in. I agree you may have issues, but you won't know how severe until you try.

• Like 1