• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

I have ended up with a 71/71/15 non wastegated t4 k29 borgwarner turbo. Anyone on here ever run one? I assume it's to small to run in a compound set up. But I'm wondering how it would run as a single ? Truck is purely a street truck that gets used on weekends 

I dont ever tow with my truck maybe once or twice a year only light loads. 

Probably be laggy as a single, not sure about twin set up still learning myself how it all works. Wife is going to be due for a new car this fall, more payments :duh: but it may give me an excuse to do a twin set up, just not sure if I want it yet. Too much crap hanging in the way.

I think that turbo is just plain too big for use as a single. 

71mm compressor, 71mm turbine with a 15cm2 exhuast housing its going to a hard to spool. 7 x 0.010 injectors are way too small. I'm running a HX35/40 hybrid (60/60/12) with no issues on 7 x 0.010 injectors. With the 285's tires and 3.55 gears will make it lag even more.

I'm not worried about it being lazy I'm just worried about it not spooling up at all 🤣 I can go for larger injectors no problem. I have read few people running s400 frame chargers on VP trucks and making them work but they tend to have smaller intake to this but larger exhaust turbine surely the smaller exhaust turbine would aid spool up? 

Since you have the turbo already, I say get the t3/t4 adapter and let er rip! Let us know how it is. Worst case scenario you have to pull it out and put the old one back in. I agree you may have issues, but you won't know how severe until you try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

:iagree:

You must still be high on pain killers if you're agreeing with me, lol. :poke:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kzimmer said:

You must still be high on pain killers if you're agreeing with me, lol. :poke:

Ummm... No pain, What you talkin' about Willis... :lmao:

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Haha 1

It won’t appreciate being lugged, rather cars behind you won’t appreciate it...

but once it’s spooled it should clean up every bit of fuel you have. 

I’ll vote with @kzimmer and say you haven’t got much to lose with your application.