• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Little more power from the quad.

I am wondering if I can tweak something in my tuning to give me a little more power on hills. If I am running 55 up a decent grade it's like it's stuck between wanting to down shift and just not having the power to pick up the speed I want it too. Kinda hard to explain so I hope I make some sense. I know some bigger injectors and turbo would help more than anything. 

• Owner

Upload your tune to the post. I'd like to see the tune and what you got set up. Also you might list all the mods on the truck if any. Actually it more so in the timing than anything typically. I've learned quite a few tricks for getting a bit more out without adding much fuel.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Yea I got a quadzilla and a bhaf, no muffler, and a fass 150. Sorry I ain't sure how to change my sig! Just wondering should I try and add more fuel from can bus cause I don't use wire tap. Or take more timing away 

Figured out the sig.  Sorry about that 

Timing is

Max load offest 1.5

Low psi 

Timing reduct scaling 

Light throttle

Max timing 

15,18,21,23, and 25

Fuel is 

109, 111, 113, 115, 118, 121, 124 and so on 

Edited by Unreal Summit

• Owner
13 minutes ago, Unreal Summit said:

Yea I got a quadzilla and a bhaf, no muffler, and a fass 150.

Could you just export the tune and then upload the file please. I want to see the rest of the settings.

14 minutes ago, Unreal Summit said:

Sorry I ain't sure how to change my sig!

Go here...

https://mopar1973man.com/settings/signature/

15 minutes ago, Unreal Summit said:

Just wondering should I try and add more fuel from can bus cause I don't use wire tap. Or take more timing away 

Max Load Offset you might try 1° to keep it higher in timing. If that makes it worse the flip that to 2°. This is the amount of retard you going to provide when your out of cruise timing and back to performance timing. 

Just remember more retard builds boost. More timing advancement reduces boost. Hence why I'm looking at you Max Load Offset the more you add retard here going higher in number towards 3 the more boost it will build making power. 

• Owner

Drag the file to the editor box or at the bottom of the editor box that says "Drag files here to attach".

10 hours ago, Unreal Summit said:

No headstuds but that shouldn't hurt anything should it?

Where you have to worry is high amounts of timing advancement at low RPM. Like I'm in the 22° to 23° at 1,500 RPM. Your still well below this yet. Your max timing would have to come up to 17, 20, 23, 26, 27 (max) then have cruise timing of 4° or 5°. Your very safe yet. 

Another way is the knock grows as you add more timing this is the amount of the ignition event that is occurring BTDC. As you retard the knock disappears this is shifting the ignition point more so ATDC. Then there is a balance between advancement and engine load. As you add timing the engine load will drop but at some point you'll create negative torque and the knock. Then the engine load will rises again. When you reach bucking you've gone too far advanced. 

Remember the Max Timing sliders is the max you reach at performance timing. The only time that you can exceed those values is with cruise timing when you stacking on top with plus a value. 

This is why I built a spreadsheet and calculate my timing map out and see what the values will be...

Selection_075.png

So the table is the load based timing across the engine load span excluding cruise timing. Then you can see the max cruise timing vs. max timing timing.

• Thanks 1

I thought about the headstud thing about 2 hours after I sent it lol.  I think dropping the max load to 1 helped the fuel mileage not drop as much on hills but didn't really make a improvement on more power. I'll try going up to 2 on the way home today. I'll try and add my tune today when I get home. Don't think I can do it on my phone. 

I was trying to mainly keep it from down shifting while making the pull.  I might be at 25 to 30% throttle. The adjustment from 1.5 to 2 max load helped big time. Big difference!  That will what I use on my fun tune and maybe tow tune.  Daily will be 1 as it seemed to help my mpg according to my lie o meter. Thanks mopmar man! Yet again you are the man! Makes boost super fast now lol 

Hmm... If you don't want it to downshift, you could wire in a torque converter clutch lockup switch. With the switch on, the trans won't downshift. And then you can just... You know... Press the skinny pedal down when you need more power. Lol.

• Owner
1 hour ago, Unreal Summit said:

The adjustment from 1.5 to 2 max load helped big time. Big difference!

More retarded the timing building more boost. You could even try dropping to 3 just to try it and see the difference. 

Daily will be 1 as it seemed to help my mpg according to my lie o meter.

More advancement of timing keeps the MPG's up.

This is where you build different tunes for different purposes. Build your towing tune and the daily or economy tune

Thanks mopmar man! Yet again you are the man! Makes boost super fast now lol 

Your welcome. :thumbup2:

Edited by Mopar1973Man