• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

BMW says (life long) that about the trans fluid in my 335i too, but boy did it change for the better when I did a fluid change on it....  Planned obsolescence my friends..   I was reading about a W124 Mercedes diesel taxi cab the other night that the engine went its first 1,000,000 miles on fluid and filter changes.  

https://allaboutdieselz.blogspot.com/2016/04/34-million-km-mercedes-benz-w124.html

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

30k for power steering fluid, and brake fluid.

30k , or 24 months for brake fluid because it is hydroscopic, is a good interval for these fluids but the Chrysler Corp didn't think to mention this in either the factory service manual or the owners manual. 

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

30k , or 24 months for brake fluid because it is hydroscopic, is a good interval for these fluids but the Chrysler Corp didn't think to mention this in either the factory service manual or the owners manual. 

Thank you, I will set the reminder for 24 months.

23 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

30k for power steering fluid, and brake fluid.

Manual transmission is considered life long fluid. I was changing every 100k miles now with 50 SAE changing at 50k miles. 

What do you use for a flushing fluid for the power steering?

Thanks

Michael

So I pulled the power steering pump with the vacuum pump.  I needed to replace a hydraboost to steering box line anyway and I wanted to get a good cleaning in there.  When reinstalling the pump to hydraboost line felt a little strange going in but seemed to smooth out and tighten down.  Fill it with fluid, wheel back and forth a few times, top off, repeat.  Finally feel like it's time to start it.  Fire it up and it is just spraying fluid out of the reservoir around that fitting (pump to hydraboost).  I ordered a new hose for that run (pump to hydraboost). Will be in late today.  Any wisdom/thoughts to share on this?