• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heater core in the 98 was steaming up the windows and would barely get to 120 over the winter so I need to replace it. I had every intention of replacing it later this year before it got cold out but im going to Colorado for a week at the end of this month and its in the 30's at night with high's in the 50's so im gonna swap it out this week. Ive ordered a TYC core and its supposed to be here Wednesday. The problem i foresee is the dash in this truck has a cover over it and the screws have been covered up. Im pretty sure I need to remove those screws but I dont know their exact location. I think the best way will be to use a small hole saw just above the screw but I need some help from a fellow member to find the exact spots the screws are in. If anyone could measure their dash from side to side and mark where the screws are and how far from the windshield they are, I would be greatly appreciative.

FBC93B14-C85B-4B08-8D7E-7FD8682C5C37.jpeg

D5896282-CBB8-4751-B648-D14CAB01CBF3.jpeg

Edited by 98whitelightnin

49 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

This bezel was perfect when I got the truck. Took it off to install a radio my dad got me for Christmas and it broke when I was just holding it in my hands. Ill eventually put a new bezel and and dash top on it.

My old one was not perfect but one of the last times Imjad it off I was holding it anf itmdropped to the groind. Thats when I noticed I was still had the piece I was holding in my hand.

• Staff

Don't they glue down with a glue that allows an easy pull apart when needed later? I'm thinking Small spots of silicone would release off the plastic. My 01 has a cover and looks okay but the bezel is cracked.

I called advance and asked them to check  another box for foam and it didn’t have it either so I guess that’s not included any longer. I went back out and got it in and all back together. Ended up popping the dash cover off very easily to put the top 5 screws back in. Temp got up to 140 on the test drive so I’m happy with it.

CEFBFF85-E579-4E15-89C3-3A25D9742BBD.jpeg

E8121314-244B-4940-8F99-F10A721D839A.jpeg

9CC72CF5-1D9C-4C7D-A9F0-6E85430D0E77.jpeg

DB0CFB7B-E4CD-4FB9-9202-F1BC65657D5C.jpeg

I let mine crack a good bit more than that before I replaced it. That one only seems to have one crack in it..

1 hour ago, dave110 said:

Dave wouldn't steer you wrong, Dave.

2 Daves are equal to and entire chicken farm.

• Haha 2