• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sway bar end links.

Walking through autozone I spotted these it sh!t I can drill a hole and bolt em on I say yo myself 

Did it last night just yanked 11k 60 miles and ohh my so much more precise and stable cornering steering even straight line driving.

Only problem is I think I blew my head gasket. Pepsi has me set on timing 4 pulled a few grades making 30psi. ****.

Lol I'm kidding,   SW5 t4 d5 feels good 

2019-06-23_09-23-26

Dont know why I didnt think of this sooner. Also sorry that these wont bolt on anyone else's truck. They are a few inches to short but are working great. Truck feels new well newer. Wonders around so much less.

Autozone had different lengths. I measured and got the shortest set bolted them on turns out I needed the next set longer to get bar at factory angle.  I kinda want to get longer ones because these are dangerously close to snagging under my track bar mount. I might just box the bracket down farther since that's free. Dont want to buy another set of links at 21bucks a set of if dont have to. Can get the matching poly bar bushings instead.

My truck does need sway bars it was okay without the front before I put the welder on it. The welder and torch tank and tools I carry about 2000lbs truck was scarey woth no bar. I had to refabricat the mounts I cut off grrrr. I had planned to do over the knuckle steering but found I'd be unable to match the track bar to that raised steering at close to factory lift height. If I lifted truck 6"s I could

Well see how they hold up. Putting anywhere from 300-500 miles a week on the truck.

Just thought I'd share these had me grinning at how much better it feels empty and towing

Edited by Evan

I cut factory away bar mounts off and raised them a few inches with the plates. 

Thought I was going to do over the knuckle steering but theres no way reasonable to get over the knuckle steering drag link and track bar parallel with truck that's only lifted 2"s I'd have to raise track bar mount on the axle in and make it shorter mounting in inboard more of the coul spring.

I didnt want to shorten track bar decided that it would counter the benefit of raising steering. 

I was shooting for factory angles with a 2" lift but want the track bar long under the spring mount like it is.

Not sure what steering I'll run but I do know its staying under the knuckle.

Plates are now just for sway bar to mount to. Lol all that to say just that

• Thanks 1

Yes cut factory mount off frame and built my own 

I'm running 5/8" bolts instead of factory 9/16" in hind site it would have been much easier staying with 9/16 due to have to drill out axle mount to 5/8" and build a nut plate like the factory uses.

3rd gen bar is almost bolt on.

2019-06-25_01-01-06.jpg

2019-06-25_01-00-08.jpg

Edited by Evan
  • Like 2

Thank you.

For some reason I decided to do my track bar over night and then go on a 670 mile rd trip the next day. I got to Grant's Pass Oregon and crashed for a few hours. Truck made the trip just fine, while I was beat

I did do the poly bushing om the bar truck feels new now. Lol newer. 

Glad I got rid of the floppy factory style end links I think these do they're job better. All poly sure is nice.

Literally no sway with steering, ride feels the same

The bar bushings were 17 at autozone

20190623_182448.jpg

Edited by Evan
  • Like 2