• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Left arm is happy again.

32 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Looks good..... you'll also be very happy to note, I made no chicken joke this time.

It's  aall good. Just dont aleays have snappy remarks.

It is nice not to have that insert not flopping around. This one looks like mine did 300k miles ago

• Staff

I had to pop out the window/door switch to fix it and now won't stay down. A drop of silicone might do it and let it come out later when needed.

I also need a new wood grain bezel for mine, but you seen the prices on those? sheesh. I tried putting a glue down leather top on it but the leather curled in the sun. Love it if they made a stainless stick down top for it like the rockers have.

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I had to pop out the window/door switch to fix it and now won't stay down. A drop of silicone might do it and let it come out later when needed

The clips that held mine were pretty rusty where the clamped the bezel. I was afraid they might snap when I pushed on them. But they didn't. Silicone wouldmprobably work. It is a miracle goo.

I will keep an out for a wood grain one. Never know what you might find out there.

• Thanks 1

• Staff
10 hours ago, dripley said:

Whats a good price out your way?

I have seen prices over $200 for a good used wood grain bezel. Maybe that is not so bad though when you consider that they may not be making the wood grain any longer. 

Edited by JAG1

The one I went to was at a guys house. It was pretty tight in there. He sells a lot parts up north. He gets wrecks and takes them apart and stock piles the stuff. Not your typical salvage yard. Dodge is all he has.

His wife is taking my old drivers seat, rebuilding the cushion and sewing me a new cover out some of the salvage fabric from the wrecks for 150 bucks. We will see how that works out

• Like 2

• Staff

Years ago I had my first gen bench seat done with full thick, tanned, soft cowhide. Had them use leather lace in a Daniel Boone style stitch. It had a nice feel and you could see the ranch brands on the hide. None of 'em were chicken ranches.... dang, did it again.... sorry Dripley.

Edited by JAG1

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Years ago I had my first gen bench seat done with full thick, tanned, soft cowhide. Had them use leather lace in a Daniel Boone style stitch. It had a nice feel and you could see the ranch brands on the hide. None of 'em were chicken ranches.... dang, did it again.... sorry Dripley.

I think you need to see your counsler about this chicken ferish. It sounds serious.:whistle:

When you're saying bezel do you mean dash or the door insert? 

16 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Every Ram 1500/2500/3500 that I find in the bone yards around here the dash/bezel is either gone or in pieces. 

The few I have seen are the same way. This last guy I went to buys the wrecks, strips them down, and stock piles all the parts. The door panels he had were in a canvas shed about 8X16. It was slam full of them. He is a bit pricier than a U Pull it yard.

I dont think I would use a dash or bezel out of an old because Iit would crack on me as soon as I put it on. 

Edited by dripley

• Staff
9 hours ago, dripley said:

When you're saying bezel do you mean dash or the door insert? 

The dash trim, wood grain on some trucks.

9 hours ago, dripley said:

I dont think I would use a dash or bezel out of an old because Iit would crack on me as soon as I put it on

You are right about that.  I've had customers ask me to find them plastic trim parts for their car when I mention that I go to auto bone yard.  I ask them "what makes you think the parts in the bone yard are any better than what you have"?  Some parts it's better to bit the bullet and buy new; plastic trim parts is one of them. 

40 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've gotta ask how does that arm rest come out?

As for my truck. It got a shine job...

DSCF4572.JPGDSCF4571.JPG

I could shine mine but insert was comletely broken away from the door panel and you could stick your hand inside the door. I see your insert has gotten plenty of elbow time too.

I will get a picture when I get back home. It has plastic studs the protrude off the back of the insert. They are iinserted thru holes in the door panel then heat welded or melted over the back of the door panel. All of mine broke off and it seperated,from the panel. Probably could have screwed it back on some way or another but the fabric was shot also. I had also worn the top of panel at the window completely smooth and very shiny from all those years of resting my arm on it. I'm sure yours is similar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 11:58 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Yup. I was thinking of just covering with new fabric instead. Red neck engineering.

A little bit slow on this but here you go.20190707_153307.jpg.a09a7fd0531b39224ed7d795b587047d.jpg20190707_153317.jpg.58056f6324b2cbce1eb4c8db35a5fe1f.jpg20190707_153415.jpg.37fb9809335ca6d253b1b34901e1042b.jpg

There was one at every onee of the small circles with the cross hairs on them. The stuck thru the door panel then heat welded over the door panel. The only piesceof one left is in the 3rd pic. Look close and you can see it sticking up a 1/2" or more.

Guess I should have changed the window switch fluid more often.

Edited by dripley