• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Upgrades to 2000 2500 for towing

9 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

NJ, Its become a **** show here with cops cracking down on smoke. And it used to just be only in certain parts its becoming more open. I was driving past a check-point today (in the other direction) and they had 3 diesel pickups pulled in and other cars, and the diesels were on the emissions testing area in the parking lot.

I hope it stays on that side of the river. I don't condone excessive smoke but I do have some soot on my mudflap. And who's to say it didn't come from off roading in the pine barrens the night before? NJ was always a little umm, diffferent.........

I built 2 CFA's in NJ. Mt Laurel and Howell. Howell was all union. Had some good people on the job but I never could grasp all of the union rules and regs. 

The biggest mistake I made was pulling into the gas station and started pumping my own fuel. The guy in the kiosk liked to had a heart attack. 

Edited by dripley

31 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Are you saying it's becoming illegal to put your own fuel in :think:

In NJ, yes. Maybe not every where but @pepsi71ocean could enlighten us I'm sure. I did manage to find a couple sef serve pumps but yhey were off by themselves and had hellacious fire suppression system around them.

• Sad 2

• Owner

Really simple if you want to watch he pop pressure of your injectors. Just plug in a live data tool and watch the engine load. If it falling below 5% engine load the injectors are below the lower limit. If they start gaining idle RPM like instead of 800 RPM your getting 850 RPM then the injectors are well below 260 Bar.

• Staff

It's that way in Oregon too. You can't pump your own fuel unless if you have a commercial account at one of the commercial filling stations. They are often never crowded and It seems to be a little bit better fuel quality, at least psychologically so :thumb1:, but you have to buy at least a thousand gallons a year to keep the account open. I like em cause you never see folks with yellow mohawk hair driving a Prius.

Edited by JAG1

I think Oregon turns all there pumps off at night. I made a 600 mile run across Oregon most of it after midnight came into idaho after burning fumes for hours it seemed.  Tried to get fuel and pumps were turned off I was on back rds grrr.  Crystals wakes up cause I pull off for fuel I never stop for fuel. What's wrong. Well pretty sure were going to run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. On a  strange rd with shoes hanging from the trees..

I ran 3rd driving by instant fuel meter thing and made it across the border. She was out took 34 gallons

14 hours ago, JAG1 said:

It's that way in Oregon too. You can't pump your own fuel unless if you have a commercial account at one of the commercial filling stations. They are often never crowded and It seems to be a little bit better fuel quality, at least psychologically so :thumb1:, but you have to buy at least a thousand gallons a year to keep the account open. I like em cause you never see folks with yellow mohawk hair driving a Prius.

You can legally pump diesel in OR at any station.  I do it all the time.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 12:47 AM, IBMobile said:

If your from another state and just passing through NJ they can pull you over for a smoke test?  That doesn't seam right that they can impose there state regulations on an out of state vehicle.  What happened to interstate transportation with reciprocity.  .  

One can question the legality of it. But most of us also don't have stock trucks either. And they see a gauge pillar or a edge on your dash they will call the njdep over and they will test you for federal emissions. 

I was passing an check point (going the other way) the other day, and they pull people in. They don't care for what reason. If you have a truck and njdep or njdot pull you over expect to be looked over. I've seen guys from PA get popped with farm diesel when they dip the tanks. I've had njdot make me open my fuel water filter drain and they've looked at the color of the fuel. 

NJ passed the law in 2016 and they will find things. A friend of mine got nailed on his 2008 Dodge being deleted and he put out a puff of smoke for 1.5 seconds. The law said a maximum of 3 consecutive seconds. So 2.9 seconds is good, 3.0 is bad. Anyways, $15,000 in fines later he's still trying to get that paid down. 

On 6/28/2019 at 9:28 AM, dave110 said:

I hope it stays on that side of the river. I don't condone excessive smoke but I do have some soot on my mudflap. And who's to say it didn't come from off roading in the pine barrens the night before? NJ was always a little umm, diffferent.........

I'm up in PA this weekend and I heard they changed the laws in PA for emissions testing now are only required after 7 year's. And certain weight classes for diesels now as well? 

On 6/28/2019 at 3:25 PM, dripley said:

In NJ, yes. Maybe not every where but @pepsi71ocean could enlighten us I'm sure. I did manage to find a couple sef serve pumps but yhey were off by themselves and had hellacious fire suppression system around them.

Depends on where you go. I've seen cops walk up and hand people the $500 fine for touching that pump nozzle. 

Some places are forced full service. Reguardless of it being diesel or not. 

Welcome to the people's republic!

On 6/28/2019 at 4:33 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Really simple if you want to watch he pop pressure of your injectors. Just plug in a live data tool and watch the engine load. If it falling below 5% engine load the injectors are below the lower limit. If they start gaining idle RPM like instead of 800 RPM your getting 850 RPM then the injectors are well below 260 Bar.

That's a well written article Mike. I'm still happy as a pig with mine. Might as well as me in there too at the bottom.

7x.09@322BAR and no issues starting up down to 20°F.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:30 AM, Evan said:

I think Oregon turns all there pumps off at night. I made a 600 mile run across Oregon most of it after midnight came into idaho after burning fumes for hours it seemed.  Tried to get fuel and pumps were turned off I was on back rds grrr.  Crystals wakes up cause I pull off for fuel I never stop for fuel. What's wrong. Well pretty sure were going to run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. On a  strange rd with shoes hanging from the trees..

I ran 3rd driving by instant fuel meter thing and made it across the border. She was out took 34 gallons

Most of NJ is this way as well. Better get your gas before 9pm, most stations close between 8-11pm. Rural areas closer to 9.

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

songs like New Jersey is worse than California, I hope it's only these two states. I don't want any monkeys putting anything in my tank. What is happening to America anyway. So much for freedom, the whole world is going nuts.

In NJ I believe it was to be sure the man in the kiosk did not loose his job. When I first started driving self service was unheard off. Cant tell you how many people put gas in my tank until I was in my 20's. Most of them smoking a cigarette. 

1 minute ago, dripley said:

In NJ I believe it was to be sure the man in the kiosk did not loose his job. When I first started driving self service was unheard off. Cant tell you how many people put gas in my tank until I was in my 20's. Most of them smoking a cigarette. 

That's just wrong for some reason, idk. I've been fortunate enough not to deal with it I guess 

I agree with this NJ system being wrong and un American , There is a difference between the old style full service station where you paid a little extra for someone to fill your tank and check your tires and oil and wash the windshield.  vs.  a Law that says you can't pump your own fuel. I hope stuff like that don’t spread through out the nation, probably has more to do with law suites, lawyers and control

I can remember working at full service stations when I was in school, I got a lot of dates with that job. :lol: 

Over here you do it yourself everywhere, might just get the very small stations out the back of beyond still filling for you but I've not seen one in years,  my Mum worked at the village station where we lived for 30 yrs and a good portion of that time pumping fuel.... thing is Benzine in petrol causes a type of cancer which my mum got.... so this probably has something to do with own filling here.. better someone pumps a little than every minute of every working day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dripley said:

Its more about the people, we Jerseyans are stuck up, every time this comes up on referendum, the idea of self serve, it fails. I'm not sure if it will ever become a self serve state.

10 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

That's just wrong for some reason, idk. I've been fortunate enough not to deal with it I guess 

In what way?

9 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I agree with this NJ system being wrong and un American , There is a difference between the old style full service station where you paid a little extra for someone to fill your tank and check your tires and oil and wash the windshield.  vs.  a Law that says you can't pump your own fuel. I hope stuff like that don’t spread through out the nation, probably has more to do with law suites, lawyers and control

I can remember working at full service stations when I was in school, I got a lot of dates with that job. :lol: 

I'm not understanding, are you saying pumping your gas is wron, or hem playin emissions nazis?