• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Faulty Cruise Control

In my 2001 2500 6 speed, my cruise control turns on and off randomly with out me pushin the button. Also sometimes it turns on and sets itself to cruise at 50. Ever heard of this happening?? Any ideas to fix it?

MBRP 4 inch exhuast

Quadzilla Iquad

Not exactly that problem, but a 2001 manual transmission cummins, the cruise is all software based. Most people find wiring issues.

the random on and off sounds like wiring issues in the steering column and wiring.  but funny signals from your vehicle speed could cause it too.  Here are the FSM pages that discuss the operation of the cruise.

GL HTH

Hag

2001 FSM Ram 8P-1 8P-3.pdf 2001 FSM Ram 8P-12 8P-13.pdf

I don't think I have that vacuum servo because I couldn't find any vac lines going anywhere under the battery tray. Also all the buttons work on the steering wheel. When the truck sets itself at 50, I can press the cruise button to turn it off or I can press the cancel button. One time I was driving and I had cruise set to 40, then the truck decided to set itself at 50 and I could fight the truck by pressing the coast button. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

He has an 01 so it should be. I know it changed in 02 to the switch like I have, one wire to it and not 3. I dont know whether that means some late model 01's might have seen the change or some early model 02's have the 3 wire sensor. Bought my 02 in October of 01 and it has the one wire switch.

I seem to remeber a few discussions on here a while back involving a bad oil pressure sensor causing other issues. Thats about all I remember though.

• Staff
On 1/21/2020 at 7:50 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Now all Automatics have a vacuum motor being the 46RE, 47RE and 48RE need mechanical movement for the throttle valve in the transmission. 

The later 48RE's had electrical TV's, so no cables. I think that 05 was the first year of not having a TV cable.