• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

In my 2001 2500 6 speed, my cruise control turns on and off randomly with out me pushin the button. Also sometimes it turns on and sets itself to cruise at 50. Ever heard of this happening?? Any ideas to fix it?

MBRP 4 inch exhuast

Quadzilla Iquad

Not exactly that problem, but a 2001 manual transmission cummins, the cruise is all software based. Most people find wiring issues.

the random on and off sounds like wiring issues in the steering column and wiring.  but funny signals from your vehicle speed could cause it too.  Here are the FSM pages that discuss the operation of the cruise.

GL HTH

Hag

2001 FSM Ram 8P-1 8P-3.pdf 2001 FSM Ram 8P-12 8P-13.pdf

Cruise control is controlled by voltage. The buttons on the steering wheel create a different voltage for each function. If the PCM happens to get the right voltage for turn on, set, accelerate, etc. then the PCM would just continue to roll with the settings. 

We had someone on here a little while back that had an 01 manual with a vacuum servo on it. I dont think we ever determined wherther the tranny had been changed.

@Jake B do you have a vacuum servo under the drivers battery?

I don't think I have that vacuum servo because I couldn't find any vac lines going anywhere under the battery tray. Also all the buttons work on the steering wheel. When the truck sets itself at 50, I can press the cruise button to turn it off or I can press the cancel button. One time I was driving and I had cruise set to 40, then the truck decided to set itself at 50 and I could fight the truck by pressing the coast button.