• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mystery pedal thing

Can anyone tell me what this is? I was tracing the rats nest of wires I inherited and found this. That spring extends behind the accelerator pedal. 0630192035.jpg.0497e9c377c178c5ac54df5f8b78df2b.jpg

I might add I'm almost positive this truck was born an automatic and now has a G56

No horn, just a compressor and small tank, hoses run all over. I was in the middle of trying trace all this rats nest and the neighbors came over. 

The factory cup holder in the dash flops down into the shifter and renders it unuseable. Pretty sweet, and the guy told me the cluster is not the original. I assume because the guy who did all this work didn't want the gear indicator on the cluster?? Or maybe it was causing issues, I dont know.

0630192037.jpg.9b2f645cad259fad848ccddacb2f6391.jpg

Looks like you have an auto converted to a manual with that cup holder. They came on the autos. You seem to have a custom bend on the shifter. That is based on my 02.

I have spare speedo my self. I stick it in there and bam now my truck has 133k on it instead 473k. Not sure how you garauntee mileage on one these trucks.

Edited by dripley

No kidding. I googled gauge clusters and eBay is one of the first listings. One of the sellers advertises "pick your mileage"... Lol.

On a more serious note, I went to get the truck inspected today and shot a video of the gauge cluster and what my Obdlink MX was seeing. The only code being thrown is

1492. Battery temp sensor.

Did I miss that you intrument cluster does not work?

Also is that a G56 in the there? The shift pattern is not an nv5600. Maybe thats why the shifter looks odd.  Heres mine from almost the same angle 

20190701_192431.jpg.4ff49791dcae84f4f733f96a73e1964e.jpg

14 hours ago, dripley said:

Not sure how you garauntee mileage on one these trucks

You don't for an average Joe, I still feel like my truck has half a million miles on it, considering all the things I had to repair already and I'm only up to 165 K now. I know one thing thing when I had my head off, the cylinders did not look as healthy as yours or Mike's and you guys have triple the miles I do. So maybe I do have @cajflynnold motor :think:

• Owner

Mine looked pretty darn good. When the head was off the cylinder wall were in excellent condition except for on cylinder that had a debris rub the cylinder wall enough that you can see color difference but not feel it. You can see it in number 4 cylinder. 385k miles on the clock and rolling 1,000 miles a week.

DSCF4444.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 7/2/2019 at 7:10 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Mine looked pretty darn good. When the head was off the cylinder wall were in excellent condition except for on cylinder that had a debris rub the cylinder wall enough that you can see color difference but not feel it. You can see it in number 4 cylinder. 385k miles on the clock and rolling 1,000 miles a week.

Debris from hose clamp perhaps :whistle2:

You should be in the 400 Club by November

• Owner
8 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Debris from hose clamp perhaps :whistle2:

Yup. I figure that exactly what it was. My stupidity... :doh:

Now I check the BHAF every time I install it by hanging it downward and shaking a few times. Even doing that with oil filters now too. Also will not pre-fill any oil filter any longer. Too much risk of any debris being accidentally poured in the filter.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, DanByrd2 said:

Can anyone tell me what this is? I was tracing the rats nest of wires I inherited and found this. That spring extends behind the accelerator pedal. 0630192035.jpg.0497e9c377c178c5ac54df5f8b78df2b.jpg

I might add I'm almost positive this truck was born an automatic and now has a G56

I'm going to stick with something that is controlled by a relay.  If you look at the photo there is a clamping diode installed. Where does the Orange Wire go? 

Michael

Edited by int3man

• 2 weeks later...

Orange wire goes into a rats nest of wiring. 

4 switches, with wiring that seem to intermingle with each other, via relays? 

Failed inspection due to no high beam indicator on dash, fixed that problem. Asked the wife to drive my truck to get it inspected again, this time no headlights at all, but they worked over the weekend. Pulled out the dimmer deal and found this :cry:

0729191922_HDR.jpg

0729191922.jpg

I feel for you. What a disaster. That is a 12V light switch and not original to your truck as far as I now. My 99 has the newer style rotary switch. Could be the PO put that switch in because he got it cheap. What all lights are on the truck? With the 2 toggles I'd guess he had lights that he only wanted to come on with high beams ie. driving lights, and others that he only wanted on with low beam ie. fog lights.

As far as the under pedal switch could it be some sort of smoke switch? Over half a mil. on the clock too. It's done some time.