• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I think I am having a air flow problem through my condenser at idle.  Running down the road I have 40* center vent temps at 95 ambient.  Creeps up when I hit a stop.  Fan clutch seems to be moving lots of air in the shroud but I do not have baffles between rad and intercooler or intercooler  and condenser.  It had a AFE intercooler  when I bought it, stock baffles gone.  Anybody have any baffle suggestions?  Thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Staff

I agree with Mike to check the A/C system for proper operation.

If you want to add baffles to direct the air flow try some foam insulation tape.  You can get it in any width and thickness you want. 

Distance between stock radiator and intercooler 1 1/4" 

Distance between stock intercooler and A/C condenser 3/8"

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1

Same here. I even have the same condensor. Mine will creep up a little with stop and go driving maybe 5 degrees or so. Of course I usually have the window open to some degree. If I idle for a good bit parked it will up to near 50, but in 95* heat I dont think thats bad. No baffles here either.

Thanks for the input.  In the next week or so I plan to evacuate and charge by weight.  When I bought the truck the AC was overcharged so I reduced to pressures that were more inline.  Still has a mystery charge.  That should give me a good baseline.

I am a windows down kinda guy, if the AC is on I always run on recirculate as it is real hot and humid.  I also prefer AC on the hi way as I don't like the wind noise.