• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pictures of trans mount

I got spoiled on my 50's resto...parts books had really good visuals and exploded views of parts.  I bought the parts books for the 94, but so far I haven't found what I'm looking for: Since I'm converting from auto to manual, I'd like a nice few pics of the trans rear mounting set up.  Thanks in advance.

That's an exhaust mount. Lol its  bolted on with transmission mount it appears to be the same exhaust mount that's on my 47re

Beware that you will need to spread the frame to get the crossmember out. I welded a bar on bottle jack. I'm almost wondering if the auto and manual use the same crossmember and mount. 

6 hours ago, Evan said:

That's an exhaust mount. Lol its  bolted on with transmission mount it appears to be the same exhaust mount that's on my 47re

Beware that you will need to spread the frame to get the crossmember out. I welded a bar on bottle jack. I'm almost wondering if the auto and manual use the same crossmember and mount. 

I've had the x-member in and out several times already, right now it gets put in from the top.  This is why I was hoping for a some pics of what this all looks like.  The mount doesn't seem to translate from the auto to the manual with the areas being vastly different where it mounts.  I THINK the x-member is the same between the two (will have to dig thru the parts book more to see for sure)...if need be, I can make a new one no problem.

• 1 month later...

got the trans mount all installed.  Was going to put on the TC shifter and well, it didn't fit!   The auto had a stepped mount and the NV4500 has flush, so I figured I'd cut off the spacer and I'd be fine....nope...hole to hole distance is different.  Looks also like it moved relative to the TC as well so I worry that the linkage will bind up if I fab a conversion bracket.  I'd love to get the hole to hole distance from the bracket pivot point to the connecting rod pivot on the assembly.  

Reviewing the pics above I think I have the mount on 180?

69054223_2832053463478326_7292933934092910592_n.jpg

Edited by PilotHouse2500

14 hours ago, PilotHouse2500 said:

Reviewing the pics above I think I have the mount on 180?

Correct, mine is the opposite of that, the exhaust bracket points to the passenger side.

Edited by kzimmer
  • Like 1

mount flipped, and shifter assembly ordered, thanks all!

Back to an earlier post on the trans crossmember, I'd have to confirm via parts book, but I believe they are different between the auto and manual.  The NV4500 is set up is different by a few inches, but since I need to shove the engine back 3 to 5 inches to fit the CAC/RAD in it won't matter as I'll have to fab up a new one.

quick tape measure last night has both coming out to about 24" from the back of the bellhousing adapter to the mount studs.  The cross member has slots, so it'd all be good...if I wasn't moving the engine!  :)  Which DOES make sense, altho several other things did change with the swap that could have been made the same.

Edited by PilotHouse2500