• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Getting tires from idaho retread

Evan

Saving tons over less scwab.

Can also get toyo and cooper through them. 

Save 500 on a set of 285x75x17 toyo mt.

1400 at idaho retread 1900 at less Schwab both mount n balance.

20190705_115032.jpg

Edited by Evan
  • Like 1

• Staff

Schwabie has gotten too big for their britches. Couldn't believe how much they tried marking up a second gen wheel bearing..... yes just the part was marked up almost 100%.:nono: I said no you don't and they got to an almost normal bill amount but not quite.:spend:

• Like 1

• Staff

Schwab prices and tires suck! 

I’m done running Toyo’s, they just don’t last. I’ve ran several of their tires, 10ply and 14ply, and they do the same thing... wear the good tread out in 15-20K miles and then sit at 5/32” for ten’s of thousands of miles. They are only a 4 season tire for 15K miles and then a dry pavement tire. 

I’ve been much happier with Cooper products. 

I will say the only decent thing Schwab does is tire chains 

• Like 1

I am on my 4th set of Cooper ATP,s from Discount tire. Near 65k out of the first 2 sets. Same as I got out of Micheline LTX's. The 3rd set I got 80k out of. Not sure why the big difference. I run alot of high way miles but no different than on the first 2 sets. IIRC the ATP's have a slightly deeper tread than the AT3's. 2/32's I think.

• Staff
7 hours ago, dripley said:

I am on my 4th set of Cooper ATP,s from Discount tire. Near 65k out of the first 2 sets. Same as I got out of Micheline LTX's. The 3rd set I got 80k out of. Not sure why the big difference. I run alot of high way miles but no different than on the first 2 sets. IIRC the ATP's have a slightly deeper tread than the AT3's. 2/32's I think.

Those are good mileage numbers. 

Ive looked at the ATP but think they will be a little softer for what I do. The XLT is designed for heavy hauling on gravel, which I do plenty of, and it’s really hard on tires. 

10 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

Those are good mileage numbers. 

Ive looked at the ATP but think they will be a little softer for what I do. The XLT is designed for heavy hauling on gravel, which I do plenty of, and it’s really hard on tires. 

That might explain the deeper tread. I can get the AT3's a bit cheaper, about 10 to15 bucks a tire. But I cant turn my back on the mileage and the ATP's do good in the mud on site and the snow I have dealt with. They have been a good all around tire for my use. But you and I travel different roads it would seem.

The ATP ony has a 50k warranty. But I have exceeded that on all of mine. But most of mine is highway. But never any better mileage out of the Michilen LTX. Ran a set of Cooper HT tires once because of the price difference and only got 40k out those. Ended up costing more per mile. Took a while to go back to Cooper but happy I did.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1