• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rear main and oil pan

So finally got back to actually working on the rig. I think I asked the question before but dont remember or cant find it. So I'll upload a short video on this but I have rear main and oil pan about to go on. I am uncertain on which I should first... 

Oil pan then rear main or vice versa...

• Staff

Rear main seal housing, then oil pan, then the seal.   The pan gasket will come up to meet the seal housing.  Also, if any of the seal housing gasket is hanging below the housing after the housing is mounted to the block you can trim it before putting on the oil pan..  The other way is you have the seal housing sliding over the pan gasket.  

• Thanks 1