• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tuning help just bought a cummins

• Staff

Congrats on the truck... I'm thinking you probably got a good deal :thumb1:. However, I would not be interested in keeping an off brand turbo on my Cummins. They can disintegrate and do a lot of damage.

16 hours ago, dripley said:

Need some more info on your turbo. See if there is a name plate or part# or sometjing to help indentify it. It may be ill suited to 150's. Do you know how long the 150's have been in the truck? 

The injectors were put in last year with the hot rod vp44 the turbo is a Schwitzer I can’t find the part number on it but the guy said it’s about a 60mm 

Well thats also a huge reason for the issue. 

Ddp injectors are very dirty as well.  

If you want a clean running truck you are going to have to ditch the injectors for some better injectors.

7 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Well thats also a huge reason for the issue. 

Ddp injectors are very dirty as well.  

If you want a clean running truck you are going to have to ditch the injectors for some better injectors.

I’m thinking of getting an adrenaline would that help significantly when or if I can tune it right 

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

That turbo doesn't seem to have any bad reviews after looking it up on Google, but does not say whether they have had issues.

Would the 60mm turbo be too small creating more smoke? Would a 63mm or even 62mm be better suited for the 150hp injectors and hot rod vp44

• Staff
6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Tuning wont cure it. the injectors are just dirty.

Nick is usually right in what he says so I tend to agree. You need a new set that is pop tested and flow matched. I would have something a little easier on the running gear and engine and go RV 275's. But that's just me.

DAP for budget friendly, infinite injectors for best of the best.

7 x .010's are a good fit for most.

They will still be smokey with the smarty but not nearly as bad. 

The ddp injectors are uncontrollably smokey for most.

30 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it I’ll look into some dap injectors 

7 hours ago, Me78569 said:

One other question would these injectors and the hot rod vp44 cause the engine to crank over a couple times before starting?