• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Proper turbo spool rpm

So I've been testing Lucille out and seeing what's what, and I noticed according to qz my boost maxes out at 22psi. This is with stock sized injectors. I know the turbo is probably too big for my engine, but I was curious what rpm a proper turbo should start spooling on a 24v? Mine starts to come on at about 2200rpm,and I reach fuel cut off before it spools more. Aside from replacing the turbo completely, is there a way around this at all? I do plan on reinstalling my 150hp injectors, and I want about 700hp in the end. If I can get away with keeping my current turbo that would be cheaper. But I'm open to suggestions. Kinda want to stay single turbo for ease of cost. 

28 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

Do you have a boost fooler installed too?

What turbo?

I don't think I have a boost fooler in, unless it came with the Quadzilla. I have a turbonetics 63/65 with a 1.85 ex housing if I remember right. It's too big I think. 

Edited by Ravewolf

14 hours ago, AH64ID said:

A 1.85 housing is HUGE! Are you sure that’s the housing you have? 

Does the turbo have a wastegate?

I'll get the numbers off the turbo again and rerun them, but I know it's kinda big. It doesn't have a wastegate either. 

• Staff
7 hours ago, Ravewolf said:

I'll get the numbers off the turbo again and rerun them, but I know it's kinda big. It doesn't have a wastegate either. 

You might be better off researching a different exhaust housing. A .63 gated housing would spool much better. 

Big non-gated housings are for high rpm and/or primary turbos in twins.