• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1997 Dodge Cummins - Full color wiring diagrams

• 1 year later...

Here is a corrected link. But your going to need to get past limited member... Let me know I'll get you hooked. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=220

what does limited member mean. i am looking to swap a 12 valve out of a 97 3500 2wd, to a 99 2500 4x4, and im trying to figure out this whole wiring thing, before i even turn a wrench. found your website, im taking it that this is your website, well its nice, i really like the video section you all have. a bit about me, im retired army 20 yrs, 3 months, 6 days. i am so glad to be out of iraq for the 3rd time, and back home here in ky. im 41 married, 3 daughters. and i never have owned anything but a dodge truck, so this swap is going to be interesting.

• 3 months later...

Hey Gang... I got the 1997 Dodge Cummins full color wiring diargram finally compiled for you guys and gals. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=129 Enjoy...:thumbup2:

I have a '97 2500 Dodge Cummins. I pull a trailer for my business. I've had the manufacturer replace the wiring once and my cousin (who has a mechanic shop) replaced it twice. It's about to burn out my switch again now that I have to run my lights more. It does not burn out the fuse. I really could use this diagram but cannot download it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks Never mind. I just read the "welcome" letter more carefully.:doh: Thanks for your patience and sorry for the confusion.

I have a '97 2500 Dodge Cummins. I pull a trailer for my business. I've had the manufacturer replace the wiring once and my cousin (who has a mechanic shop) replaced it twice. It's about to burn out my switch again now that I have to run my lights more. It does not burn out the fuse. I really could use this diagram but cannot download it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks

It will work now.. New members can't download until they get enough posts racked up. I bumped you to a standard member so you can download it now :thumbup2:

• 1 month later...

Hi, im new to the site and have a 1997 cummins just put in a H&S valve body and pro torque single disc converter. Im still not getting lock up in o/d as well as 3rd gear starts. A wiring schematic would really help but i cant download the above links.

licoalroller: check codes and ensure you aren't getting the Governor Solenoid code. I got the same thing with my 97, and had to replace the governor solenoid and pressure sensor. It is about $120 for the pair (upgraded HD solenoid, too) plus 9qts trans fluid.. Fixed the problem. Also see if you're getting the OSS (Output Shaft Speed sensor) code. It was a very inexpensive fix, as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi! new to the entire cummins world since this past friday. Let alone this website haha. Was driving the new toy home and half way home I realized I couldnt see my gauges in my dash! None of my lights in the dash were working except for the turn signal indicators and other informational lights. The Fuse keeps blowing. If I cant get the download just hoping someone might tell me its common and theres an easy fix haha Thanx, CJ