• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Clutch pedal play fore and aft

Sitting in mine and have the same play in it. I can put my foot under the pedal and move it up about an inch. Never really given it a thought. There no adjustment that I know of for that unless you have aftermarket hydraulics with an adjustable clutch rod. Cant see that it hurts anything though.

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Most likely master cylinder is worn out. There is a bushing in the rod too. 

Might very well be. I only got about 7 years out of the OE. The auto zone replace has 10 years on it. It is working fine right now as far as operating the clutch.

behind the little clip that you pop up the center piece and slide off?  I am going to try the bushing first, floor is dry. 

I can't seem to find even an image of the bushing, I know on my OBS ford I switched it to a heim joint.  Are there are mod options for these trucks as well?  That joint made the ford clutch pedal really nice.

Edited by portlandareae28