• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Slow spooling turbo

The turbo I have is a 60mm schwitzer turbo 150 ddp injectors and a hot rod vp44 I bought the truck with all of this and all have less then 6k miles I’ve driven the truck for about 1k miles and notice the turbo doesn’t spool past 8psi until about 2k rpm is this slow? Also the most the turbo has spooled too is about 25psi because it runs out of rpm and smokes really bad down low in third fourth and fifth gear 

18 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

To proceed u need to figure out what size turbo u actually have 60 what and I have what is in my signature and can build 30 plus psi at 2k

Can’t find any serial number or anything for the schwitzer compression side and the exhaust side of the turbo is a bd brand with no markings either it does have an hx40 down pipe on it though 

We dont even know what size turbo he has.  We do know he has a smarty and ddp injectors. 

Too much fuel will choke a turbo.

Typically 150's are a perfect fit for a 60-62 mm turbo assuming the exhaust size is well setup for a vp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voltronics said:

So should I upgrade the turbo first and see what it does with the ddp injectors or get dap 150 injectors and see 

Ddps will be smokey regardless.  Get new injectors.  

Remember the turbo has no bearing on anything when at or near 0 psi.  Ie offidle situations

So should I upgrade the turbo first and see what it does with the ddp injectors or get dap 150 injectors and see 

Do whatever u feel is right for ur life style I had one of those and same injectors I replaced the turbo and was night and day different 

2 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

Do whatever u feel is right for ur life style I had one of those and same injectors I replaced the turbo and was night and day different 

What size turbo would y’all recommend for my set up in my sig

40 minutes ago, Voltronics said:

Will a non waste gated be fine for a manual truck sorry if this is a dumb question 

I'd say all the gate does is keep it from over spool but as long as u don't hold over 55 psi I'll be fine unnecessary stupid **** I say 64 68 14 would be fun 

Edited by Silverdodge

1 minute ago, Silverdodge said:

I'd say all the gate does is keep it from over spool but as long as u don't hold over 55 psi I'll be fine unnecessary stupid **** I say 64 68 14 would be fun 

Ok sweet thanks for the info I’ll look into buying a turbo of that size in a week or two and see how she runs 

Will a non waste gated be fine for a manual truck sorry if this is a dumb question 

The only dumb question is the one you dont ask. We all learn by asking those questions. Never let yhat bother you. I am still learning.

• Like 2