• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

The turbo I have is a 60mm schwitzer turbo 150 ddp injectors and a hot rod vp44 I bought the truck with all of this and all have less then 6k miles I’ve driven the truck for about 1k miles and notice the turbo doesn’t spool past 8psi until about 2k rpm is this slow? Also the most the turbo has spooled too is about 25psi because it runs out of rpm and smokes really bad down low in third fourth and fifth gear 

I am guessing you are flooding the turbo.  

DDP injectors should be replaced, then do a boost leak test, then look at tuning.  

To proceed u need to figure out what size turbo u actually have 60 what and I have what is in my signature and can build 30 plus psi at 2k

I'm similar to SilverDodge. 

Quadzilla, DAP 7 x 0.010 injectors @ 320 bar (150 HP) and HX35/40 Hybrid (60/60/12) by 2,000 RPM and twisting out 47 PSI of boost. 

18 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

To proceed u need to figure out what size turbo u actually have 60 what and I have what is in my signature and can build 30 plus psi at 2k

Can’t find any serial number or anything for the schwitzer compression side and the exhaust side of the turbo is a bd brand with no markings either it does have an hx40 down pipe on it though 

54 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

Buy something else

Will the adrenaline help regulate fuel from the hot rod vp44?

Just now, Voltronics said:

Will the adrenaline help regulate fuel from the hot rod vp44?

That will make it spool slower yet. Turbo is just too big for your setup. Most people upgrade too soon or too big. 

We dont even know what size turbo he has.  We do know he has a smarty and ddp injectors. 

Too much fuel will choke a turbo.

Typically 150's are a perfect fit for a 60-62 mm turbo assuming the exhaust size is well setup for a vp

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

The Bd Switzers are just absolute garbage a nice s300 sxe

So should I upgrade the turbo first and see what it does with the ddp injectors or get dap 150 injectors and see 

1 hour ago, Voltronics said:

So should I upgrade the turbo first and see what it does with the ddp injectors or get dap 150 injectors and see 

Ddps will be smokey regardless.  Get new injectors.  

Remember the turbo has no bearing on anything when at or near 0 psi.  Ie offidle situations

Do whatever u feel is right for ur life style I had one of those and same injectors I replaced the turbo and was night and day different 

2 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

Do whatever u feel is right for ur life style I had one of those and same injectors I replaced the turbo and was night and day different 

What size turbo would y’all recommend for my set up in my sig

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Silverdodge said:

62 to 64mm 68 mm 14 from agp

Screenshot_20190714-183101.png

Will a non waste gated be fine for a manual truck sorry if this is a dumb question 

Edited by Voltronics

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Voltronics said:

Will a non waste gated be fine for a manual truck sorry if this is a dumb question 

I'd say all the gate does is keep it from over spool but as long as u don't hold over 55 psi I'll be fine unnecessary stupid **** I say 64 68 14 would be fun 

Edited by Silverdodge

1 minute ago, Silverdodge said:

I'd say all the gate does is keep it from over spool but as long as u don't hold over 55 psi I'll be fine unnecessary stupid **** I say 64 68 14 would be fun 

Ok sweet thanks for the info I’ll look into buying a turbo of that size in a week or two and see how she runs 

I say agp for company they ether have there housings cast for them or cast there own don't remember but what ever it is works lol

And there customer service was awesome

The only dumb question is the one you dont ask. We all learn by asking those questions. Never let yhat bother you. I am still learning.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Voltronics said:

Just for a bit of information. The 1st Gen truck were fitted with a H1C turbo and it was a 22cm2 housing non-wastegated. This was a huge exhaust housing the 160 HP engine could breath good but impossible to over spin that turbo. HX35W turbo came to be in 1994 and be there till 2002.

No such thing as a dumb question everyone learn from each other by asking questions. :thumbup2:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Personally I prefer using a smaller turbo with a wastegate on a DD or towing duty truck.    The waste gate can open and bleed off excess gas at the top of the rpm range without lossing low end spooling. 

Depending on what you use the truck for I would say a 12 cm housing would be a much better choice than the 14 cm.  

What does your truck do?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Personally I prefer using a smaller turbo with a wastegate on a DD or towing duty truck.    The waste gate can open and bleed off excess gas at the top of the rpm range without lossing low end spooling. 

Depending on what you use the truck for I would say a 12 cm housing would be a much better choice than the 14 cm.  

What does your truck do?

My truck is used as daily driver and hauling about 3-5 cattle around 

Honestly if I was you I would opt for a he351cw.    It will flow ~450 hp, it is very tough, it is cheap, and it will spool faster than the 62 or 64 mm sxe turbos. 

If you want an sxe I would opt for a 62/68/12   It would flow ~ 500 hp maybe a bit more and spool faster than the 14 cm housing version.  You will loose some top end, but every post of yours so far seems more geared to lower rpm ranges.

Your injectors should be replaced first though.  You will not be able to tune out the smoke of them regardless.  They are not correctly designed for street use.   DDP uses the WRONG spray angle nozzles. 

remember a turbo diesel engine at or near 0 psi might as well be a NA motor,  A new turbo WILL NOT help offidle smoke.  A new turbo might help clean up smoke faster once it is lit

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Honestly if I was you I would opt for a he351cw.    It will flow ~450 hp, it is very tough, it is cheap, and it will spool faster than the 62 or 64 mm sxe turbos. 

If you want an sxe I would opt for a 62/68/12   It would flow ~ 500 hp maybe a bit more and spool faster than the 14 cm housing version.  You will loose some top end, but every post of yours so far seems more geared to lower rpm ranges.

Your injectors should be replaced first though.  You will not be able to tune out the smoke of them regardless.  They are not correctly designed for street use.   DDP uses the WRONG spray angle nozzles. 

remember a turbo diesel engine at or near 0 psi might as well be a NA motor,  A new turbo WILL NOT help offidle smoke.  A new turbo might help clean up smoke faster once it is lit

Should I get 6 hole or 7 hole 150hp injectors ?