• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RV Vent Insulating pillows....

• Staff

Do you guys take the crank off to get those to stay stuffed in each vent or do you simply cut a hole in the pillow to let the crank into the pillow? Do they stay in pretty well or should I take them back for store credit?

T.I.A.

• Staff

I made my own.  I measured the openings, then went to a fabric store to get the foam.   The store I went to sold 3 different densities of foam and cut it to size with a hot wire cutter.  I used the medium density foam, didn't cover them and did not have to cut a hole in them for the crank handle.  They're still in great shape 14 years later.   

• Staff

10 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

I made my own.  I measured the openings, then went to a fabric store to get the foam.   The store I went to sold 3 different densities of foam and cut it to size with a hot wire cutter.  I used the medium density foam, didn't cover them and did not have to cut a hole in them for the crank handle.  They're still in great shape 14 years later.   

Watcha doing up so early Dan? Foam idea is good, thank you. I can't sleep much with all the stuff going on. Building a home today is difficult. There are a lot more things in the way including the people you have to deal with. I'm going back to small jobs. I was much happier and actually loved it that way.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
6 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Just woke up at 3:45 an the mind kicked on full speed,  It'll shut down when it's time to get up, :thud:

Must be something in the air. I awoke about the same time. I go back to sleep after coffee and some reading.

• Staff
12 hours ago, IBMobile said:

We need to sell those in the web site store an have @dripley in charge.  I think he personally knows the model on the pillow.

If I remember right he is director of manufacturing and has the company hood ornament. I think IBMobile got a picture of it when he was back there visiting.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

The ones they make are from a company called Camco. I'm just going to keep them even though I paid 22 bucks for the two of them. They have a washable cover which makes it seem like they won't adapt properly around the crank handle. I'll just have to try them out on Saturday.

Dripley's company makes smaller chicken pillows you stuff down the intake to stop bolts.

Edited by JAG1

14 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Dripley's company makes smaller chicken pillows you stuff down the intake to stop bolts.

And we use the large ones to shove in the over head vents and we dont care about no stinking handles either.

• Like 1