• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Nice. 

Were you towing. 

I'm wondering what alittle bigger turbo would do for my smoking and might bump boost well into head studded area.

I sustain 30-35 pulling grades towing with hy35. And smoke like freight train on bottom end. 7x09 injectors 

Posted (edited)

No she will pull 30s on hills towing and never lacks power my turbo choice right now is what's limiting me 

Edited by Silverdodge

Boost or EGT's is not accurate. 

On a wide open stand in my truck I can hit about 47 PSI and about 1,400°F EGT's on my ISSPro gauges... Now Quadzilla shows 67 PSI of boost and 1,689°F. I know is not right. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Boost or EGT's is not accurate. 

On a wide open stand in my truck I can hit about 47 PSI and about 1,400°F EGT's on my ISSPro gauges... Now Quadzilla shows 67 PSI of boost and 1,689°F. I know is not right. 

Both are vary close to mechanical guage readings it's a the 14 cm non gated hot side 

Edited by Silverdodge

I dont have a quad on mine but I have read of several folks boost and egt's being skewed from what the quad reads compared to after market gauges. So the problem does exist for some.

15 hours ago, Evan said:

Nice. 

Were you towing. 

I'm wondering what alittle bigger turbo would do for my smoking and might bump boost well into head studded area.

I sustain 30-35 pulling grades towing with hy35. And smoke like freight train on bottom end. 7x09 injectors 

A bigger turbo will make smoke worse on the bottom end as a bigger turbo will take longer to light.

Your smoke issues are %100 related to the smarty. Period.

• Like 2