• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just my experience, I have run 6 different sets of injectors. Stock, DAP 60hp VCO, DFI 100hp VCO, DAP 100hp SAC, Contagious 40-50hp SAC and now Bosch RV275 VCO. All VCOs ran great in every scenario, and both sets of SAC injectors gave a rough/choppy idle when warm in park and a stumble when warm at light throttle. SACs ran great with some throttle, but I couldn’t handle the choppiness. SACs gave me a scare I had engine issues, but new RV275s put that to rest. 

• Thanks 1

• Owner

My two tries at 7 x 0.0085 (+75 HP) injectors resulted in surging idle or lopey idle. It was so bad it would stall on city streets and at light trying to launch again. When I had them made the same thing with a 7 x 0.0085 VCO the problem stopped. Those were popped at 305 bar.

Now with 7 x 0.010 @ 320 bar has a bit of lopely idle but as soon as you come to full stop the lope stops. Sound kind of cool but no driveability issues.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I'm running 7x09 sac from ducky fuel injection. 

Only thing I've noticed is truck is harder starting in cold temps. Like -10 it cranks quite a bit belching black smoke then finally starts firing on 1 cylinder then slowly pick up the rest one at time.

This also not running a block heater.

They might be more smokey than vco injectors.

Go with ducky fuel injection again not sure if I'll stay sac or go vco again

I'll 

3 hours ago, 98whitelightnin said:

I wonder what the difference is, other than nozzle style? I ran Contagious 7x.010 vco and Infinite Performance 5x.016 sac and the idle was perfect for both sets.

Some good info here:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9DtEe.S1dT7IA4p9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--/RV=2/RE=1563322783/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fstaging.powerdrivendiesel.com%2fdifference-vco-sac-injectors%2f/RK=2/RS=OTvToR8X4SM4gaOlfb_kXpFN3d0-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really like talking to the power driven diesel guy.  Talked his ear off about the 47re before and after mine was done and not buy them. 

I joked that when it's time for tranny # 2 I might drive there yank mine for the core and install his in the pking lot or motel pking lot

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'll have to down grade to RV275 injectors... 

I know it sucks, there is always something. Like I just got this vw tdi now getting bugs worked out of it. They came with the famous cp4 pump that's a ticking time bomb so I put a cp3 in there now dealing with spikes in pressure, if I get on it hard it goes in limp mode. Got someone going to data log it for me soon and tweak the software. 

Then I'm excited to get over 50mpg that people claim to get :stirthepot:

Runs pretty hard for a little 4 banger 2.0