• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dead throttle pedal, weird trans stuff..

First post! Howdy y'all. I have heard good things about these forums.

Anyway, my truck (see sig) has some weird issues. It runs great, then all of a sudden it will lose throttle, pedal it a little and it will come back. It is also shifting very erratically. 1st sometimes hangs, 2nd to 3rd normally fine, 3rd to OD and lockup it hunts really bad for both.. Going to check alternator for Ac voltage tomorrow and add/clean grounds and some of the normal things. Anything else I should check or do? Has a brand new Industrial Injection VP and Fass lift pump. When the truck runs, she runs good. Fast, strong, shifts GREAT. 

Also, no codes thrown! Validated with Snap-On scanner.. 

All suggestions appreciated, thanks! 

Edited by CarlAlberts0616

• Staff

You could disconnect the two alternator excitement wires off the back of the alternator and see if symptoms go away.

Another much needed upgrade that's helped many in your situation is doing the 'W-T's Grounding Mods'. It is in the article data base for 2nd gens.

Also upgrading to the Timbo APPs, is better built, less expensive and more reliable. A new VP with a Timbo Apps goes well together.

What level of AC volts are you seeing?

• Like 1

They sure have. Im 98% thats it. Was getting .48VAC which is too much. Getting a new one from my local alt rebuildiner. This ones original and the case is pretty crusty.

We unplugged the alt and took it for a drive. Was 100% normal. So hopefully thats it. 

Will report back soon. Thanks!

Thanks. I will do the WT wire mod. I havent had the dead pedal since i replaced the alternator. Trans isnt shifting eratic though, which is good. It is 90% better. As of now i just need to figure out why its winding out so much. I am going to check TV cable adjustment tonight.