• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looking for original version of W-Ts grounding modes

• Staff

I cannot find in the article about the added wire(s) from battery to battery. It was in the last few paragraphs, but the article has been cut short and doesn't include the battery equalization cables we are to add between batteries. In a discussion with W-T yesterday they are very important. It is supposed to be in the archives if anyone knows.

34 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I cannot find in the article about the added wire(s) from battery to battery. It was in the last few paragraphs, but the article has been cut short and doesn't include the battery equalization cables we are to add between batteries. In a discussion with W-T yesterday they are very important. It is supposed to be in the archives if anyone knows.

Couldn't find the original either.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Lol geez....

LOL Mike, again it does not have the cross over cables shown to better parallel the batteries. That's my point... it ain't there boss and I remember it being there unless I'm old timers already :ahhh:

Edited by JAG1

I know WT had a pic of his under hood with what @JAG1 is talking about but I dont think it was in the mod thread. I definitely remember how big the wire was and how much of it was under there.  Thats why questioned the 4/0 cable. It is an impressive picture. But then again most of us dont have the electrical needs that @W-T has.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, JAG1 said:

LOL Mike, again it does not have the cross over cables shown to better parallel the batteries. That's my point... it ain't there boss and I remember it being there unless I'm old timers already :ahhh:

Boy I thought that I was really loosing it.  I read the Parallel Battery wires and Didn't remember a thing about them.  I just put a real terminal on my 2/0 that runs over the radiator.

Michael

• Thanks 1

• Staff

Will be talking with W-T tonight and get this going the right way for those interested. Man everyday hammered with things to do. It starting to get better little by little at work.

• Staff

Yes thank you IBMobile. That needs to be put back in the article,,,,,,, its an important  integral part of the thread and article that W-T is trying so diligently to educate us on. Now this portion explaining the need to build a proper battery parallel or equalization was mistakenly discounted and considered unimportant by myself as well as others. I'm guilty mostly by means of wanting only quick results in reducing damaging AC voltage throughout the system.

Now I have experienced a situation where imbalanced unequal batteries, ten years of age, left unreplaced because everything was firing up just dandy, without double battery parallel cables, caused a cooked smoking (I mean literally smoking) alternator. I will explain later.... it late and I'm tired from 3 hard days this week.

Mike please put back what's missing into the article if you can, I be back tomorrow nite and repeat what W-T taught to me about this important aspect over the telephone today.

Sorry I have to cut it short tonight...

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

To continue with battery parallel upgrade requirements, one of the problems is when you have the B+ alternator charge wire running to the battery without the temperature compensation sensor. This battery developed a short in one of the cells and so without the sensor and without proper paralleling the alternator was told by the computer to go to full charge cycle. The computer could not slow down the charge rate and so the poor alternator worked itself to death. I do not know how additional parallel wires can help this situation because my knowledge is very limited.

I wish W-T would help me here as I am such a novice

Mopar1973Man, W-T isn't jumping for joy that this portion of his post was cut out and if I had done the 4 parallel wires would have saved my alternator instead of it hammering out all its guts on a shorted battery without any means of sensing the battery was getting hot.

I think this is right......

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

For every action there is a reaction. What your'e saying makes perfect sense to me.This is why I sit back and watch for a while before jumping right in to some of these mods. I'd prefer the details get sorted out on somebody else's truck. I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm sorry about your alternator.

Edited by dave110
  • Like 1

• Staff

Thanks Dave110, It wasn't too bad as I had an original Bosch Alternator on the shelf with only about 60,000 on it so that saved the day when spending for a pair of new batteries. And new one only available at the dealer.

:spend: :punish: