• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A/C keeps blowing Reciever/dryer off

A/C blows the receiver/dryer off the evaporator connection, I thought at first it was building to mush high side pressure due to fan clutch seized and condenser beat up not getting good air flow, but those have been replaced. Just went to start truck after it sat for 20-30 minutes and it blew again, when it's working air blows ice cold. Was going to put gauges on while not running to see if pressure equalized between high/low sides but that will have to wait.

18 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Need to have the pressure readings to see what's going on.  Also, there is a high pressure switch which opens between 450-490psi and closes 270-330psi.

Just now, Blueox01 said:

Seems like awful high pressure , mine at running was about 150/45 at 79 degrees ambient temp.

13 minutes ago, dripley said:

Do you still have the clips that hold the lines together?

20190723_180555.jpg.f00a35ee32500cea3f5b0ab9ab7fdd53.jpg

Just now, Blueox01 said:

Yes, but the lip for the spring to latch around has been flattened out, have the dash out now to replace the evaporator, had dash out 10 days ago to replace the heater core, so I got the procedure down.

• Staff
5 hours ago, Blueox01 said:

Seems like awful high pressure

Those pressures are for the over pressure safety switch not the running pressure.

5 hours ago, Blueox01 said:

mine at running was about 150/45 at 79 degrees ambient temp.

That falls in the normal range. I think @dripley and you are on to something with that connection and spring. 

• Owner

I've got a whole bag full of the locking springs for that purpose. Typically you can buy a o-ring kit for like $7 dollars and usually have a few locking springs in the kit. Double check the fittings too. Female side without the lock should have a good curled lip for the spring to grab.

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've got a whole bag full of the locking springs for that purpose. Typically you can buy a o-ring kit for like $7 dollars and usually have a few locking springs in the kit. Double check the fittings too. Female side without the lock should have a good curled lip for the spring to grab.

Yea, missed that until now, it's been clicking on(could hear spring click) but the lip has been flattened out. I think it's just been connected/disconnected too many times.