• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Bojon

Bucking at low RPM's

I'm having an issue with my Quad when I'm lugging the engine.  So just to be clear when I say I'm lugging the engine I'm not talking about low RPM high throttle,  I mean very light throttle while navigating traffic. 

At any rate,  when the engine is around 1200 RPM's I'm having an issue where the Quad is advancing timing to the point of bucking. 

I've been able to verify this issue in my driveway,  switching between lvl 0 and lvl 2 I can watch the timing jump roughly 2°. I thought the Quad didn't alter timing until 1500 RPM?

Between 1000 and 1500 only the timing slider is considered. Light throttle and load timing are not used.  

Drop your 1500 timing by 2*

Can I damage anything setting t too low? I've already dropped it to 12°

The export button is currently crashing the app for me. I'll paste it the hard way when I'm sitting in front of a computer later. 

The App was updated July 23. 

I'm fairly certain the Quad is up to date. If I'm showing a build date on the app does that still mean it's the most current?

My phone (Galaxy S8) updated a few days ago. The export was working correctly last I tried,  around a month ago.

Tried exporting some logs, but that feature is crashing my app as well

Uninstall your app completely and reinstall. 

I think some data is getting mixed up and causing all sorts of issues.

In a nutshell. 

"Max Timing" sets the maximum limit of advancement, excluding cruise timing which stacks on top of this. Now the rest of the setting like load based timing and low psi timing reduct are all amounts of retarding from the Max Timing number. 

The other clue is oil temperature oil should be roughly -10°F cooler than coolant temperature. If oil temperature is above coolant your too advanced and burning too much fuel on the cylinder wall and not in the bowl of the piston. If the oil temperature is colder than -10°F then you most likely retarded too deeply burn most of the fuel on the downward stoke and blowing most of the fire out the exhaust. This is not exact science but a good way to find timing range.

Just to follow up on this, after unplugging my Quad to send in, my bucking issue has stopped.