• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

12V IAT Readings

• Staff

As from what I found out with accidential use of the IAT sensor fooler from my high idle mod I can set it for 26*F or 13*F IAT temps. From what occurs is uncontrolled smoking even with the Edge Comp OFF from the get go and much lower MPG's. :rolleyes: The colder the IAT becomes the more smoke and less MPG I get... Like I meantion before right around 90-110*F IAT temp is the best for MPG's.

I am sure the 15lb brain guys at Cummins have it pretty well dialed in for how the sensor sits and reads.

• Owner

I am sure the 15lb brain guys at Cummins have it pretty well dialed in for how the sensor sits and reads.

I agree :iagree: I think the ECM software has been program to understand the offset and deal with its location... I think where things go bad is when people relocate the sensor like to the 3rd gen or 12V location or up on the intake elbow...