• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

put some highway mileage on the 4th gen

Me78569

• 1 month later...

1200 miles each way is a long way (coming from someone with a short commute).

I definitely believe you on the MPG and the pleaseantness of driving a 4th gen  and comfort.  Your old truck has tons of power, but trips longer than 20 miles get me to thinking about a newer truck again.  Nearly smokeless and about 500HP is plenty of fun.

But I did break the rear end loose (and my wife did not think it was as fun as I did).  She did shut down a 6.7L ford on the freeway and was excited to tell the team about it.  Guess "driving fun" is contingent upon the driver.

• Haha 2

• Staff

Headed over to Ontario this morning for new tires. Not the longest drive but I did play with the the EVIC mileage page and got the following. 

Total trip 53.4 miles 

average mpg 22.2

~15 mile stretch at 65 showed 27.7

~30 mile stretch at 80 showed 19.7

My average EVIC error is 7%. Can’t complain about those numbers at all, especially for 8,500lbs of truck. 

• Staff
36 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Your 22.2 MPG is pretty good for a new truck. I wonder how the number will change with age and mileage. 

Yes it is. No complaints, and all the emissions is intact... thou no regen on this run. Regens don’t seem to eat much fuel anymore, and usually only last for 10 miles. 

Just hit 10000 miles last week, and 1900 of them are towing. I’m guessing she’s getting pretty close to broke in, but time will tell. 

She seems to get very similar mileage to my 05 towing and around town, even better at 65 and above due to the long legs of the AISIN and 3.42’s.