• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hydralic Brake Booster , possible leak

I noticed a oily little leak on my frame looking in the driver side wheel well. Examining under the hood and with a mirror I see oil moister on the Hydralic brake booster.   Power steering fluid isnt down to bad, check hot, might be slightly down but not at the add line at all

I thought at first it might be the master cylinder but its dry right where it mounts to the hydraulic booster.  Looks like there is a little leak drain out hole on the middle bottom of the Hydraulic booster kind of like a water pump has

I used a little de-greaser spray and hosed everything off clean so I can see exactly where its leaking from next time I drive

Any one have their Hydraulic brake booster leak and had to replace it?

Well , I bought a new rebuilt  hyd brake booster.... I'll R&R saturday

Hope I dodnt have to undue the master cylinder  brake lins and it will just pull over out of the way...

Any one R&R their Hyd Brake Booster

My hyd boost is leaking out of the weep hole on the bottom , I see oil moisture at the brake pedal push rod under the dash too

What is this pirate 4x4 seal kit?  Got a link and instructions? Pirate 4x4 is a forum   .

Did you rebuild your whole hydo boost with a seal kit ?  Seems like it would have O ring or cup seals just like a brake master cylinder. That blue can has nitrogen under high presssure too. How did you refill that?

You do not need to remove the blue canister, I also used the pirate jacks kit, I think that’s what is was called, it’s been awhile. but pretty straight forward on the rebuild. You can just unbolt the master cylinder and pull forward and leave all line intact. then 4 bolts on firewall and the clip on rod linkage.

You probably will need a new brake light switch because once you remove the switch they don’t reset themselves and your brake lights will stay on:

I did not remove the brake rod on hydroboost when I did it since mine wasn’t leaking their. but so far so good, no leaks and been a couple years at least 

• Like 1

Its Pirate something for sure. I to did not remove the rod even though I had some spotting on the floor mat. The case seal stopped all my leaking. As I remember I only used 2 or 3 seals out of the kit. 

You can replace the blue cylinder. It did not appear difficult to do. I dont know that you can get it refilled. Mine is a bit weak and I wish I would have done it.

I replaced my hydro boost this afternoon..... was going to do it Sat morning , Getting tools ready and looking what needs doin' .... Looks easy so I went for it in 99 degree afternoon weather... Took 2 hours and Its done replaced....Test drove and washed any spilled dripped oil under the hood or on the frame

Easy job.  Just have to return the core for some money back

Edited by GSP7
  • Like 1