• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47re no overdrive signal

I recently bought a 2001 4wd Cummins with an automatic transmission. The transmission was slipping in 2nd gear, but all the other gears worked great including overdrive. I swapped a 2wd transmission from a 1997 into the 2001 and now I do not have overdrive. I drove the 97 before the swap, so I know all the gears worked. The swap consisted of installing the 4wd overdrive housing with transfer case on the 2wd transmission, and I had to swap the neutral safety switch due to the plugs being different. I have checked pin 6 (brown wire) at the transmission plug and it has a constant 13-14 volts when driving the truck. The pcm isn't sending the signal to the overdrive solenoid. Where do I go from here? Is the 97 transmission temperature sensor different from 01?

Edited by jeremy175

I am almost positive the 8 pin connector on both trucks are the same. I just ohmed the trans temp sensor in the 97 transmission and it reads 1k ohms then I ohmed the trans temp sensor in the 01 transmission and it reads 2k ohms. Does anyone know if they will interchange?