• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Installing Isspro FP gauge in stock 01

• Owner
10 hours ago, MyOle2500 said:

It uses the grease gun hose (or similar) with the needle valve on one end with a banjo fitting and the snubber and sender unit combo on the other.

Don't grease gun hose does absolutely nothing. The sensor will absolutely fail. Too short and hose doesn't suppress nothing. 

10 hours ago, MyOle2500 said:

Interesting that they offered this given many say it isn’t long enough to lessen the water hammer effect.

Yup. Because the hose is rated for 4,000 PSI to 10 to 20 PSI is like a solid brick wall. It just passes the pulse right up the chain to the sender. Again too short to allow for travel to fade the pulsers. Hence why I say 5 foot or more. 

Also let me know. I can program the warning lights on the gauges as well. I've got the kit for jacking in and programming. 

image.jpeg

• Owner

PTC fittings. Push To Connect fittings.

No ferrels, no compression nut. PTC are seal sealing and work very well for low pressure applications. 

Image result for push to connect fittings

Reusable. If there is any tubing problems you can just simply push the collar back to release the tubing. Not you can trim off the bad part or just replace. Push the tubing back in and it self seals and locks.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Those kinda worry me on an mechanical gauge with no isolator setup...the compressions just seem much more reliable to me.  I had push fittings on my air bags and couldn't get them to stop leaking.  90lbs when I parked the truck at night...10lbs in the next morning. 

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Bullet said:

Those kinda worry me on an mechanical gauge with no isolator setup...

I'm the reverse I've had plenty of compression fittings and tubing fails in my past and not having a means of replacing the ferrel and getting the line hooked back up. End up heat the end of the tubing and crushing the plastic shut to get home a few times. Then find out the local stores don't have the right ferrel for your setup. End up changing fitting because of a change of ferrels. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Then find out the local stores don't have the right ferrel for your setup. End up changing fitting because of a change of ferrels. 

Yeah I've ran into that one before.  Not all ferrels will work in all compression fittings.  I was trying to piece one together out of the messy drawer at the hardware store and mismatched one brand fitting with another brand ferrel...not a good result.  I would have never known if the hardware store guy didn't explain that to me on the second trip.  The more you know... 

• Owner
6 hours ago, Bullet said:

Yeah I've ran into that one before.  Not all ferrels will work in all compression fittings.  I was trying to piece one together out of the messy drawer at the hardware store and mismatched one brand fitting with another brand ferrel...not a good result.  I would have never known if the hardware store guy didn't explain that to me on the second trip.  The more you know... 

Quick fix... If you have a flat/tapered ferrel. You can use a double taper ferrel. The trick is managing to file one side down flat. but not too much because to much filing will make it to the point you can compress the ferrel ino the tubing. Still can damage your tubing again doing this. 

This is why I fell in love with PTC fittings. I got all metal PTC fittings and so far 6 years and still going strong and leak free. I got the fitting from NAPA.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Quick fix... If you have a flat/tapered ferrel. You can use a double taper ferrel. The trick is managing to file one side down flat. but not too much because to much filing will make it to the point you can compress the ferrel ino the tubing. Still can damage your tubing again doing this. 

Mental note made on that...:thumbup2:

I really need to put a e guage in my Piller for this sigh lol I run a sump half inch line to air dog half inch return to sump half inch to motor fps in top of airdog on port reading way over recommended pressure but all good lol 2 years of super high pressure

Just got a mechanical Isspro from DAP arrived in 3 days to the UK just going to pipe it and be done for a bit... I have a local supplier I use looking for a 1/8th NPT needle valve.... FP more important than the looks

• Staff
5 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

Well I run 40 to 50 psi sooooo

How long have been running those pressures?.

I'm worried about one of my trucks running 24-25 p.s.i. The gauge is not Isspro it's an unreliable gauge I had a shop install. My other truck has The Isspro and it tests correct. :thumb1:

I have seen people running p7100 type psi to the VP44 without issue.  Somebody will usually say "you'll blow the seals" or "you'll have hard starts" but I have never seen either happen.  And I wonder if the ones who say that have even ever seen it happen.  So I kinda take all that with a grain of salt.

One thing is for sure that @SilverdodgeVP44 is cooling itself on another level compared to people running max 20 psi VP's.  I don't run high psi is because 18-20psi has my original wire tapped VP at 205k without issue.  So I figure I would just continue to go with what has been working for me. 

• Like 1