• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

An old New member here.

Electrojake

HI!
Here are some of my goals/questions...

1.) Between my AllData account and my FCA service manuals I have just barely enough information to survive with this 2016 recall-queen of mine. This post <listed below> made me feel that perhaps there is more information I could use in this forum...
https://mopar1973man.com/topic/14537-electrical-article-engine-wiring-diagram-2013-cummins-67/?fbclid=IwAR34t8cqnTvUF1LbIrBW-W646xd12p9KEcEnU63zGohMnrrA-qOicy_w2mE

2.) I need to do some test-posts to learn how to use this forum better. Things like proper use of BB code, getting my signature at the bottom of my post, properly posting pictures in my profile, etc... 
The typical noob stuff.

3.) Is there a premium or paid member capability here?

4.) Can you post me a link to the donations page?

I'm NOT a mechanic, just a new RAM/Cummins owner that came to the realization that if I plan to get a good 5 or 10 years out of this sow I better learn how to swing a wrench... Or be prepared to spend a LOT of $$$ paying someone else to do it for me.

Thanks for your reply post. It's appreciated! :cheers:
Regards,
-Jake-

• Owner
17 minutes ago, Electrojake said:

Is there a premium or paid member capability here?

We switched over to subscription based.

https://mopar1973man.com/subscriptions/

17 minutes ago, Electrojake said:

Things like proper use of BB code

BBCode is obsolete here. No longer really used. This is all up to date HTML5 coding not like CF.com with old school PHP software.

18 minutes ago, Electrojake said:

getting my signature at the bottom of my post

Here you go...

https://mopar1973man.com/settings/signature/

19 minutes ago, Electrojake said:

Can you post me a link to the donations page?

No longer here... All subscription based now.

21 minutes ago, Electrojake said:

This post <listed below> made me feel that perhaps there is more information I could use in this forum...

There is a lot of the information tied up in the article section. This coming winter I'm going to be writing more articles for the 4th Gen. We already have raided the Mopar storehouse for information just need the time to convert PDF files into HTML5 coding and do all the SEO coding (Google) too. I apologise for being short on current info for the 4th gens but I'll get caught up. 

Personal note I'm a cancer survivor so I'm currently working mostly to pay my hospital bills. This why I'm bit behind on getting articles wrote for the site.  

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I apologize for being short on current info for the 4th gens but I'll get caught up. 
Personal note I'm a cancer survivor so I'm currently working mostly to pay my hospital bills. This why I'm bit behind on getting articles wrote for the site.  

Pretty amazing that you put that much energy into this place. This place is indeed 'different' than all those other RAM-Cummins forums I have visited. Thanks for your work here. :thumb1:

Cancer? I never had it but both my older sisters have had to deal with it and my Daughter-in-law was infested with it. She was a basket case at age 23. Lots of surgery & Chemo brought her back though. <long story>

I have owned plenty of trucks and plenty of Mopar's but this is my first Cummins. I took delivery on April Fool's Day 2016 from Kernersville Dodge in North Carolina. It was a factory order.

I'm 63 and recently retired from a long career in electrical engineering for heavy industry, but as I mentioned, I'm no mechanic thus forums like this have helped me immensely.

My truck is all stock aside from a steering box brace and some suspension upgrades so I can carry the 3800 pound camper in the bed. I did most of the recalls myself since I'm not real comfortable about handing my $70,000 truck over to a dealership to hack on.:nono:

Thanks again for communicating with me as a new user and please excuse my mistakes in posting as I become more familiar with this particular format.

-Jake-

CamperOffTruck_InPixio.jpg

• Like 1

• Owner

We all learn from each other here. Like I just did a post on re-sealing a 2002 transfer case which I've got to post some more to. There is no dumb questions here. The only dumb question is the one you DON'T ask. We have guys from all walks of life here. working folks, performance nuts, hot shot truckers, etc. I'm sure someone of the pile will have an answer or an idea on how to fix, repair, diagnose, etc.

Just jump in and start asking questions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dave110 said:

I see a grid heater bolt article in the near future.

Hi dave110,
Not to worry, I left my 'other' personality at CF.com :lol2:
This is strictly business. I've seen tech data here that I've never seen on most of the other forums.
However, I did think long & hard about using a fresh Handle and Avatar here but meh... It would be pretty obvious who I am quite quickly.

Anyway, thanks for stopping here in the noobie section to make contact.
Cheers,
-Ej- :cheers:

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

We all learn from each other here. Like I just did a post on re-sealing a 2002 transfer case which I've got to post some more to. There is no dumb questions here. The only dumb question is the one you DON'T ask. We have guys from all walks of life here. working folks, performance nuts, hot shot truckers, etc. I'm sure someone of the pile will have an answer or an idea on how to fix, repair, diagnose, etc.

Just jump in and start asking questions.

Yes indeed Mopar1973Man. 
As a first time Cummins owner I have harvested tons of helpful info from forums since I first jumped on board this train in 2015.

My last truck was an F250 with a 5.4 gas engine. There wasn't much you needed to know or do other than drive it.

I learned quickly that's not the case with the 6.7L RAM/Cummins. An emissions diesel is a very interesting vehicle with all its quirks and oddities, but I'm glad I bought it!

...and glad I found your forum. :thumbup2: 
-Jake-

• Owner
12 hours ago, dave110 said:

I see a grid heater bolt article in the near future :thumb1:

:lmao::lmao2:Actually @Electrojake he was referring to the fact that you might be creating the article or someone would be. 

This is what make this site so popular is the the fact you can write your own articles and crate a notebook of information that you can refer to later and share the link with another forum or member here. All other forums out there are just forums. M73M is way different being the membership can produce articles, have your truck garage, and many other functions. Last time I checked there is over 15 GB of website data here.

• Like 1

Don;t worry Jake, the secrets safe with me :lmao:. Seriously though, you seem to be very knowledgeable on the grid heater bolt deal and while I was ribbing you a little I;m sure your experience on that would be helpful to others here. I don't go to CF often anymore and rarely log on. Everything turns into a pissing match so quick over there and I don't care for the BS. But I always read the grid heater bolt thread when in pops up. You seem to be level headed and have a good way with words. Welcome to the forum. You'll like it here.:cheers:

Edited by dave110
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dave110 said:

Don;t worry Jake, the secrets safe with me :lmao:. Seriously though, you seem to be very knowledgeable on the grid heater bolt deal and while I was ribbing you a little I;m sure your experience on that would be helpful to others here. I don't go to CF often anymore and rarely log on. Everything turns into a pissing match so quick over there and I don't care for the BS. But I always read the grid heater bolt thread when in pops up. You seem to be level headed and have a good way with words. Welcome to the forum. You'll like it here.:cheers:

Agreed dave110 I have a great time tearing up the satire and tech-wars over at CF.com but I would agree that mopar1973man.com is a very different environment.

I'm here because I have exhausted the info I can get from my Mopar TechAuthority and my AllData accounts and I know there is more knowledge out there.

I've learned that the simple and most helpful details are NOT in the tech manuals. Those critical details are to be found in places like mopar1973man.com and are posted by people that have actually done the job themselves. :thumbup2:

Thanks again for stopping by to say hello! 
-Ej-

Edited by Electrojake
  • Like 1