• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bluetooth Bug with Android Head Units

kzimmer

Hello @Quadzilla Power,

I really think it's time we deal with this problem. I've brought this up in the past, but I haven't pushed the issue hard enough. I'm willing to lend some time to help with this wherever possible. I know this is a common problem, and I know it's isolated to the iQuad app.

On my Android device in my truck (Android Head Unit), running 4.4.x or 5.x.x, iQuad will not see ANY bluetooth devices. The app itself, has no communication with bluetooth devices. I can even pair the iQuadBT device, no problem. Pairs fine. My phone pairs fine. My OBD2 scanner pairs fine, and works with Torque Pro. I have taken the necessary steps to make sure the iQUADBT is allowed to pair. My bluetooth manager on the device sees any bluetooth device nearby. When iQuad says it's looking for devices, it doesn't find any, whether they are paired or not.

I can't stress enough, that iQuad is the only issue on this device. Everything else works flawlessly. Please help get this sorted out. Let me know what you need from me for information and I'll get it to you as soon as I can.

When we get this one fixed, maybe we can sort out why the logs won't export on these devices.

Thank you in advance,

-Kole

image.png.265e9d04967496642153b45ae8dca560.png

image.png.41d709cc1fc3e346676d162e92a8b0bd.png

@Quadzilla Power I have verified this problem is not fixed. Just tried the latest app from the app store on Android 4.4.4, and tried upgrading to 5.1.1. No change. Phone connects on Bluetooth. OBD2 Bluetooth device connects. IQuad even appears to pair. But the app has no communication with the Bluetooth service, and does not find any devices.

2 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

@kzimmer We will do some more testing on our side and see if we can fix this issue in our next update. Sorry for the delayed response!

No worries, thank you for keeping up with this. If I can help in any way, please let me know. I'm well versed with Android and can handle moderate tasks, USB ADB, etc. I also have root access if needed. And if you want me to test any changes, I can.

Edited by kzimmer

• 2 months later...