• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transmission cooler line clips

There's some plastic clips that hold the trans. cooler lines and keeps them separated and in place so they don't rub. The one clip attaches to an oil pan stud. During a maintenance inspection I noticed mine broke and the line is rubbing through. Got a new line and hose coming from R A. Anybody know where I can get those clips?

• Staff

I saw where mine could also rub in several places. In 06 when I bought my 2002 I stuffed pieces of packaging foam around any place or in between any place I thought might rub. They are still there helping to prevent wear . Every so often, due to the fact he is so short, I have dripley waddle under there to make sure everything is okay. He is a very good inspector.:lol:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 3

I thought about, and probably will cut and zip tie some rubber hose around the problem area. I'd still like to replace the clips though. I'll try to get Dripley to come up sometime. Maybe he'll come for a case of beer and an BBQ chicken leg?

• Like 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, dave110 said:

I thought about, and probably will cut and zip tie some rubber hose around the problem area. I'd still like to replace the clips though. I'll try to get Dripley to come up sometime. Maybe he'll come for a case of beer and an BBQ chicken leg?

Sounds good.... don't let him see any short cuts done to your truck he'll get very mad :lol:

Edited by JAG1

I have the same clip and it barely stays on the oil pan stud. I've used the Marine grade fuel hose from West Marine for this with some metal zip ties. It seems to take the abuse and keep going.

I'd be curious to see where you can get a replacement from as well. I bet the dealership will have it.

3 hours ago, dripley said:

Bare in mind that I dont what these clips look like, would the clips that hold some of the wiring looms to studs on the engine work? They are metal wit insulators to protect what they hold.

I know what you're talking about,but this particular clip is made to perfectly nestle the 2 lines together and keep them from touching each other. Kind of like a hen nestle's her eggs :). it  also holds them from rubbing on the oil pan. That's what happened to mine when it broke. The one line touches the pan and is rubbed through just enough that it's starting to leak. Glad I found it in the shop and not on the road. Wonder where @Dynamic would get it?

3 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I have the same clip and it barely stays on the oil pan stud. I've used the Marine grade fuel hose from West Marine for this with some metal zip ties. It seems to take the abuse and keep going.

I'd be curious to see where you can get a replacement from as well. I bet the dealership will have it.

I might try the dealership. I hate the thought of trying to explain it to the 21 year old parts guy.

• Staff
1 hour ago, dave110 said:

I might try the dealership. I hate the thought of trying to explain it to the 21 year old parts guy.

Good luck with the 21 year old.  See if he offers to super size it.

I think the clip you're looking for is part number 52028680AB and it is no longer available. 

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-retainer~52028680ab.html

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Good luck with the 21 year old.  See if he offers to super size it.

I think the clip you're looking for is part number 52028680AB and it is no longer available. 

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-retainer~52028680ab.html

Thanks! I'll keep that parts link. Just my luck though that it's obsolete.

39 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

Could a person make one with a 3-D printer?

I'm sure it could be done. There's a capital going through at work for a 3-d printer for 2020. And I'm pretty close with some of the engineers. Might be a good practice run. Good idea.

Just saw you're the guy with the under hood mouse nest delete. LMAO every time I read that. That's one mod. I need to do

Edited by dave110

I had the same clip break a year ago, trans line rubbed a hole where it goes between the pan and crossmember, ordered a replacement line from R/A and when taking the rest of the clips off I broke 1/2 of them, brittle plastic. My quick fix was left over 1/2 fuel line over the trans lines where it goes over the crossmember.