• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar1973Man will now has a shop open for business

• Staff
9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Here in the very near future the owner will upgrade from 8,000 to 12,000 pound two post. We both agree 8,000 is borderline for most of the newer trucks like Ford diesels.

Modern trucks are HEAVY!

Mine is over 8K without anything in it. 

• Owner

Big difference already. The head unit flip over to just fan early in the evening last night. Find out when I get home. 

I wanted to drag this 2012 Ram to the shop and put it on the rack. Installing a dual disc would be easy then. My problem is I've got my Tuesday dialysis run today. The house is a wreck pantry all over the floor. 

So Wednesday... Get started early.

Another tidbit to this adventure I've create a fresh batch of business cards as well.

20190813_191228.jpg

I've now got 4G signal at home on my network extender. Then down at the shop Russ has a older 3G network extender. I'll have cell coverage at both places. My home number has been made a second number and my cell is primary now. 

I've already got the Doing Business As (DBA) filed with the State of Idaho. Then I've got my Idaho State Sale Tax Permit as well. Any "Admin" can pull these from the site and display them as needed. 

Got a few vendors already as well set up. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Just go word of mouth Mike, you don't want to advertise all your time away.  I would probably make it a rule that if they need it in a hurry not to do the job because of the runs you have to make 3x's a week.

• Owner

Just had one yesterday that wanted a A/C leak fixed in less than 2 hours and have no freon supply being Riggins was closed already. I've gotta travel today. Sorry you thought about your A/C the evening before his trip to Utah. Oh well... I'm not going to kill myself because of your poor planning.

• Staff

When I started my mobile repair shop any time I saw a Volvo I placed a flyer on the windshield, that brought in a lot of work.   You will want to stock some of the fast moving parts and supplies, this will cut down on running around or waiting for parts down time.

• Owner
12 hours ago, dripley said:

Its a clutchy selfy, my oh my.

:lmao::lmao2:

It was nice for once to work standing up and no laying on my shop floor on creeper. Then even better yet when 5pm rolls around to just turn off the lights and lock the doors. My work stays at work now.

I'll admit that it took me quite a while to get the transmission stabbed yesterday. Then Valair kept me guessing with the change up of American bolts that are 12 sided in the pressure plate thinking most modern stuff is metric. :rolleyes::doh: Duh moment...

• Like 3

• Owner

I'm not afraid to work from the ground. I'm going to get the shop owner get the other 2 bays cleared out.

Like after completing the dual disc clutch yesterday. Needless to say that Valair drives super nice for a dual clutch. My next job was doing front brakes on a 2001 Dodge 3500. It had a camper in the bed so I just pull the nose up in the shop and worked from the floor. Come to find out that truck has been to the salt flats too many times. Need slide pins for the calipers which are on order. Then capped out my day with changing a lift pump on a 1992 Dodge 250. 

Crazy part is the jobs are stacking up quickly and seem as soon as I clear my to do list for the day the next work day is already filled up. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner
2 hours ago, Evan said:

You've been selling yourself for years

You've down a good job marketing now you gotta learn to turn a wrench 

Been turning wrenches for quite awhile, I've worked for other shops for quite awhile, now its my own show, I get to pick what I want to do. Lots to be done yet. Now I've got a place with a 2 post, lots of tools, and other equipment like fork lift, hotsy (hot water power washer), etc.