• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gurgling from tank?

So I hauled a small trailer and some lawnmowers today and after I got everything unloaded I went to unhook the trailer well when I shut off the truck I can hear gurgling from the fuel tank.  No pressure was relieved when I unscrewed the fuel cap but I can hear the fuel moving when it gurgles.  Then it did it again when I got back home and parked it.   Normal? 

• Staff

I think it would be normal only if you have an air leak in your fuel system somewhere. In other words your possibly hearing some fuel drain back to the tank because a fuel line or fitting is allowing air back in the system thereby allowing the tank drain back. most likely the air leak would be on the suction side where not much fuel leaking shows, but after shut down gravity takes over allowing air back in the system to drain back. Of course I could be wrong as I think about possible air/ fuel leak to the return side.

Edited by JAG1