• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Shes running and driving to good.

Been running here 2500 miles a month.

Feeling like something's going to happen.  Had something rattling and never found it then it stopped on own.

I think the rear end. I allowed pinion nut to come loose it growled I thought transmission.  Took it to my tranny builder I was going to yank it h ed insisted it wasn't a tranny noise.

Do finally I found the pinion nut on the dana 80 was loos allowing the pinion gear to walk in and out of the ring gear eating itself.

I'm going to run it till it goes then unfortunately caught up the money to buy a ring and pinion 3.55 gear set and rebuild it.

In the mean time I'm driving the jetta around town. I work 40-120 miles from where I live. The jetta just isnt the work rig I need.

Also been debating a newer truck. I keep thinking my 02 is getting tired. But maybe shel go another 4 years who knows.

Here she is parked for the night. That's a friends 12 valve its next to. They used to be 1ton twins.

20190823_202239.jpg

• Like 1

I just smoked the jetta motor so it doesnt materi any more. Maybe sycostang still has one available I can use for parts.

Ohhh I think this is what was making noise on my truck.

I'm on the freeway waiting to get picked up to get back to my truck. Jetta will have to sit here till I rd up a trailer. 

Tonight's plans are all busted to hell

20190825_095745.jpg

Lol apparently.  My friend I'm working with was going to bring my truck cause his didnt have fuel he got in mine it was close to empty to. He called the tow truck instead of messing with it.

I was headed to boise. Got towed home jumped in my truck and finish the trip 

Haven't messed with the car since.  No time.  

**** your going to beat me to 400k

I think I found my noise.

Drivers side tie rod end is bouncing up and down. Grrrr. Guess it's time to upgrade steering. 

Also snuggled up rear axle bearings been looking in places were I've done work recently.

Had alittle air in passenger side banjo.  Shed been pulling left under moderate braking.

Bled both calipers. Might do tears tommorr

20190901_202420.jpg

Found it. Grrrr. Spent alot time under it in last few weeks. Looking. It finally got bad enough I found it. Couldn't tell if it was coming from rear or front if truck.

This is the driveline scabbed together lasted a few years.

I haven't had good luck changing joints in CV joint. One cap is broken 

The last shaft was made with a shaft out of manual truck. I cut the CV off it and put it on the auto one.

Shel be 2wd for awhile 

20190905_202211.jpg

• 2 weeks later...