• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tuner

Laura

• Owner

As far as I know all tuner only affect the engine. They do not have the capacity to alter transmission shifting. Typically tuner will change the amount of throttle required to keep moving. This in turn changes the throttle valve position on the transmission and changes how the transmission shift. At least for the old 98.5 to 02 Dodge's the PCM controls the transmission. Now on the 2005+ truck the ECM and PCM have merged together. Still in all I don't know of any programmer that can affect transmission performance. 

I've got an old Smarty I'm willing to part with.  Just sits under the drivers seat.  My transmission used to knock your teeth out when it shifted.  The PO had some sort of Race Tranny fluid in it.  Paid to have it flushed as it was new to me and voila shifts nice and tight but doesn't kick you in the pants with every shift!!

Michael :- )

OOPPPSSS  Sorry just reread this Gen 3 sorry out of my sand box.  The Smarty is for my 2001.  The tranny did shift better after the fluid change.

Edited by int3man