• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 Ram 2500 wheels work on a 96?

I bought two sets of 3rd gen aluminum wheels for 200 bucks. 8 wheels. 17x8.

One set has 35x12.5 cooper sst pros with decent tread I can run on my jeep other set had bald 285x70x17 theres that were bald that I ran for a few thousand miles.

I'd personally get into 17" wheels.  Just for more tire options and used tire availability 

If your fine with the stock wheels then take a sledge hammer and beat it back. It's most likely not bent enough to cause any issues if its still holding air

Edited by Evan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, unioncreek said:

I have the stock wheels on my 96 Ram 2500and one is slightly bent.  I found some yesterday that are off a 2000 Ram 2500 will they fit my 96?

Thanks,

Bob

Any 8 lug Ram rims from any year Ram will fit...same bolt pattern even on the new ones. 

10 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Is the hub size / center bore of the wheel the same between all 8-lug rams as well?

Yes...all are 8x165.1 or 8x6.5 patterns with same hub size.  The lug thread and pitch patterns did change on the 4th or 5th gen.  But that just means you'll have to use lug nuts that match your current threads. 

Edited by Bullet

Thought there were some years where the offset varies and they were not all direct fit? Some could rub the front at full lock, and the rears sometimes the rear drums may be a tad too large?

I forget all the exact details. And it never sounded hard to fix.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Timd32 said:

Thought there were some years where the offset varies and they were not all direct fit? Some could rub the front at full lock, and the rears sometimes the rear drums may be a tad too large?

I forget all the exact details. And it never sounded hard to fix.

Yes the newer gens are a little more inset than the 2nd and 3rd gens but just a spacing issue that can be worked out if you want the newest wheels bad enough. 

Evan,

There not bent enough to see it, I notice it on the road it shimmies a little. They checked it the last time they balanced the tires, but the mark is not visible anymore.  I rotated the tires about a month ago and the shimmy went away so it's on the back now.

Bob

Probly balanced tires when they rotated and shimmy is just gone now. 

I wouldn't worry. 

My steel dually wheels took a beating off road because you just cant track with front tires in mud and rocks. Had some pretty gnarly rock rash for a mostly street truck. Tires always balanced just fine. Even had to  grind rock rash a few times. To smooth them out