• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

WesHawkins

Poorly running, missing badly, 2006 CR.

A friend/customer brought me his 06 CR to have the mode and blend doors in the heater box replaced.  I get that done and take it out for a test run.  It runs like crap.  Idles like a gas engine with a spark plug wire off.  I mention this to him and he says it’s alwaÿs run like that and another shop couldn’t find anything wrong with it.  I think he bought this truck running like this.  The truck had about 160K on it and after reading here on some of the CR injector topics I’m going to suggest he replace the injectors.  Is there any way to diagnose a bad injector without a high end scan tool?

06-07's do idle rougher based on the drivers in the ECM. Dad's 06 was always very rough to me, but it was normal to him. 

It could be injectors, rings, or normal. 

At 160K miles don't replace just 1 injector, do them all. New, not reman, and from a reputable source. 

You might be able to do cylinder kill tests with a borrowed scanner at an auto parts store. 

Thanks AH64ID.  This thing, imho, is a little more than rough.  This rough idle shakes the truck and I can feel it while driving it at 50 mph.  Ya I recommended to him only new injectors from a reputable source.  I alway refer people to this website and forum for the correct information.  This site has been gold for me with my 2nd Gen.